Another WordPress Bug

I just downloaded the latest update to the WordPress iOS app (version 16.0) for my iPhone. And guess what? There’s a bug! A big, ugly bug.

Now, when I go to my reader and then click to visit posts, I can no longer “like” any post and when I go to comment, it doesn’t recognize that I’m logged into the app and asks me to enter my name, email address and blog URL. I’ve never had to that before from within the WordPress app on my iPhone.

Why is it suddenly doing this? I never before had problems in the iOS app visiting another blogger’s actual post from the reader, liking it, and/or leaving a comment. This is so frustrating!

I opened up a help ticket and hope that the Happiness Engineers will be able to address this soon. In the meantime, I trust that you’ll understand that I can’t like or comment on your posts at the moment, so please forgive me.

28 thoughts on “Another WordPress Bug

1. newepicauthor November 3, 2020 / 5:13 pm

I recently contacted the Happiness Engineers about the same problem and they were no help. I solved it myself by making a comment which asked me to log in and then it knew who I was and that fixed it.

2. cagedunn November 3, 2020 / 5:21 pm

Or refresh. a few times, even. That’s the only way I’ve found to get past that. Mostly.

• Fandango November 3, 2020 / 10:40 pm

I tried that and I even rebooted my iPhone. Still doesn’t work. 😡

3. Carol anne November 3, 2020 / 6:18 pm

No worries! I dont use the reader, I use email notifications, and so am able to comment using my computer, but I’ve had it where I couldnt like posts in the past also. Its so weird! Hopefully its fixed soon! 🙂

4. Renard Moreau November 3, 2020 / 6:23 pm

🙂 Hi, Fandango. I would like to suggest, that you access your WordPress account via the Safari web browser in the meantime on your iPhone.

5. rugby843 November 3, 2020 / 7:31 pm

I have that on my phone, having to repeatedly enter my info if I like or comment.  That’s why I reply in email form.  Very irritating. Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

6. Marilyn Armstrong November 3, 2020 / 7:41 pm

It’s a bug. Many people have had this problem, including me. Report it. It’s a problem they can fix.

• Fandango November 3, 2020 / 10:44 pm

I did report it. So far no fix.

7. The Words Kraft November 3, 2020 / 9:01 pm

Yes this is a bug that even I experienced. However, from my personal experience WordPress is still far better than most other CMS platforms. In terms of support and theme management, they have a great support team.

8. Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing November 4, 2020 / 6:26 am

I have had that problem for some time. For some blogs I follow, such as yours Fan, it seems to remember that and I don’t need to sign in to comment (forget “like” that’s a whole other issue). However there are still many others that I follow and I have to log in every time to comment. It is the most frustrating thing about iphone for me. Similar problems with the app on iPad.

• Fandango November 4, 2020 / 6:53 am

It is extremely frustrating, especially since, up until yesterday when the update to the WordPress app for iOS was installed, I never had this problem when I visited sites from my reader.

9. leigha66 November 10, 2020 / 5:15 pm

That sounds like a royal pain! I hope they get it fixed soon.