Oh Happy Day!

On Friday morning I sent a few screen recordings and screenshots to the WordPress Happiness Engineers about a bug that appeared in the WordPress app for iOS when it installed on my iPhone on November 3rd. My hope was when they actually saw the screen recording of what was happening on my iPhone, they would understand why I wasn’t a happy camper.

Unfortunately, the responses I had gotten previously from the Happiness Engineers suggested that the problem was either a user error (i.e., my fault) or a problem with my iPhone or browser. They explained that they couldn’t replicate the issues I was supposedly having.

Well, late yesterday I received a response from WordPress regarding these issues and I’m happy to say that things are looking up.

Here is what they wrote…

We’ve had another report of this also and have raised the issue with the app developers. They’ve been able to replicate the issue on their end and are looking into potential fixes. It’s related to the way that iPhone/iPad apps open links and how information is passed between the app and the web page. That said, our team is working on an update that will fix this recently introduced issue. We don’t have a timeframe, but once we’re able to find a solution to this, we’ll make sure it’s pushed to the app.

Well that’s exciting. Now that they have identified the cause of the issue, I hope they will soon be able to come up with a fix and will roll out an update to the app that will finally get it all resolved.

It’s also good to know that they no longer think it’s a user error!

17 thoughts on “Oh Happy Day!

1. Renard Moreau November 15, 2020 / 7:26 am

🙂 It looks as though you are making progress, Fandango.

It is in the hands of the App developers now.

2. Sadje November 15, 2020 / 7:27 am

They should offer you the job of a happiness engineer

• Fandango November 15, 2020 / 8:15 pm

Thanks, but let’s see how long it takes them to actually fix the issue.

3. RuthScribbles November 15, 2020 / 8:40 am

Yay! I came to say that today, I was able to like and follow someone via a reblog. I do like the www icon at top of page to at least read poetry easier. Even when using block classic, the reader converts lines into paragraphs.

4. Marilyn Armstrong November 15, 2020 / 10:30 am

Told ya. You have to find the RIGHT engineer. They exist, but there are so many bad ones you have to work through first.

5. Marleen November 15, 2020 / 10:53 am

It’s also good to know that they no longer think it’s a user error!

AMEN to that. Good job persisting in communicating with them, Fandango.

• Fandango November 15, 2020 / 10:06 pm

Thanks, but now it’s the waiting game to see IF they will actually fix the issues and, if so, how long it will take.

• Fandango November 15, 2020 / 10:15 pm

Keep the popcorn handy just in case, you know, the issues don’t actually get fixed any time soon.

6. Taswegian1957 November 15, 2020 / 10:50 pm

If they do manage to fix it I think you can give yourself a pat on the back for your part in identifying the problem.

• Fandango November 15, 2020 / 11:22 pm

Okay, but before I pat myself on the back, I want WordPress to release the fix!

7. Dorinda Duclos November 17, 2020 / 11:04 am

Amazing what a little show and tell does for the kiddies at WP. Glad they were able to replicate, now all they need to do is fix it…. (crickets)