On Friday morning I sent a few screen recordings and screenshots to the WordPress Happiness Engineers about a bug that appeared in the WordPress app for iOS when it installed on my iPhone on November 3rd. My hope was when they actually saw the screen recording of what was happening on my iPhone, they would understand why I wasn’t a happy camper.
Unfortunately, the responses I had gotten previously from the Happiness Engineers suggested that the problem was either a user error (i.e., my fault) or a problem with my iPhone or browser. They explained that they couldn’t replicate the issues I was supposedly having.
Well, late yesterday I received a response from WordPress regarding these issues and I’m happy to say that things are looking up.
Here is what they wrote…
We’ve had another report of this also and have raised the issue with the app developers. They’ve been able to replicate the issue on their end and are looking into potential fixes. It’s related to the way that iPhone/iPad apps open links and how information is passed between the app and the web page. That said, our team is working on an update that will fix this recently introduced issue. We don’t have a timeframe, but once we’re able to find a solution to this, we’ll make sure it’s pushed to the app.
Well that’s exciting. Now that they have identified the cause of the issue, I hope they will soon be able to come up with a fix and will roll out an update to the app that will finally get it all resolved.
It’s also good to know that they no longer think it’s a user error!