It Doesn’t Look Good for America

As of 11:00 pm Pacific time, it would appear that Donald Trump is on the verge of being re-elected. He’s leading in the key swing states of Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Georgia, and if he wins them, he will have won the election.

As of right now, Biden has about a million and a half more votes than Trump, but as in 2016, Trump can still win the presidency with fewer votes thanks to the Electoral College.

And to add insult to injury, it appears that the Republicans are going to hold on to the U.S. Senate.What the hell is wrong with 63 million Americans that they would elect Trump for four more years?

This is the worst case scenario and I can’t believe that it’s happening. I’m going to try to go to sleep now and hope that when I wake up, something will have happened to alter the outcome.

21 thoughts on “It Doesn’t Look Good for America

1. Jen Goldie November 3, 2020 / 11:34 pm

He just said he’s not going to let them count anymore votes. Yet the right to vote is guaranteed ?
    Some areas haven’t even begun to count…….

2. Marleen November 3, 2020 / 11:48 pm

I’m still hoping there will be a better outcome when I wake up, say, Friday… or next week.

3. RuthScribbles November 3, 2020 / 11:59 pm

There are still votes to be counted that could take Biden to 270! I watch MSNBC. They explain it well. But trump just publicly declared “voting should stop”.

4. newepicauthor November 4, 2020 / 5:25 am

No blue wave yet and Trump has already declared victory, but if Biden gets NV, AZ, WI and Mi that will get him to 270

• Fandango November 4, 2020 / 6:02 am

I was starting to feel cautiously optimistic a few days ago, but, once again, all of the polls and all of the pundits were wrong. And half of America must be deaf, dumb, and blind.

5. Christine Bolton, Poetry for Healing November 4, 2020 / 6:35 am

I am saddened by how many votes Trump received but I am remaining cautiously optimistic. I watched both James Carville’s and Michael Moore’s projections on the eve of the election and they both said Biden will be a winner taking GA, WI, MI, AZ and PA but we will have to wait for the VBM counts.

6. XingfuMama November 4, 2020 / 7:48 am

I didn’t sleep much. We were warned that Biden votes might be later counted ones.
    If this happens I am wondering if we can just skip the civil war and let the red states have the T-man. He can rule his domain from Mar-a-lago, since Florida wants him. If Texas wants to fund the dead beat farmers of the mid-west while he does stupid trade wars that’s should be their problem, not mine. I’m really feeling unwilling to pay taxes that go into that man’s private coffers and civil servants to work for him instead of us.

• Fandango November 4, 2020 / 10:49 am

I concur. Maybe Canada will annex the west coast and the northeast.

7. leigha66 November 10, 2020 / 6:16 pm

I was shocked by some of my friends that came out of the woodwork towards the end of the election as Trump supporters. A couple of them said he did lots of great things… but what they were I certainly don’t know.