It must be blog awards season because a lot of the bloggers I follow have been nominated for blog awards. The latest is Melanie over at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, who was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Congratulations Melanie.
She then wrote, “Anyone who wishes to answer some or all of the questions here, you’re more than welcome!!” And since I am “anyone,” here are Melanie’s questions and my answers.
1. Which season fits your personality best — spring, summer, fall, or winter — and why?
Definitely not winter because I’m not a cold person. Nor summer, because I’m not a hottie, either. I am not a spring chicken and I’m probably in the autumn of my life, so I’m going to go with fall.
2. If you were to choose a well-known axiom or slogan for your life, what would it be?
“Whatever floats your boat.”
3. If you were a color, which would you be and why?
Rainbow colored, because I’m a complex being that could not consist of only a single color.
4. What’s a skill you learned when you were young that you still use today?
5. What’s the most valuable piece of advice you’ve been given?
Continuing with the boat theme, “There’s no such thing as a hole in just your end of the boat.”
6. If you had your own talk show, who would your first three guests be?
Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, and Jon Stewart.
7. If you had one extra hour of free time a day, how would you use it?
8. What was the most embarrassing thing you have ever done while on a date?
Threw up all over her. (It’s a long story.)
9. If you were the eighth dwarf, what would your name be?
If it were up to my wife, since she is always complaining about my snoring, it would be “Snory.”
10. Where is the last place you’d be caught dead? Aside from the cemetery, of course!
11. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?
Let’s see. I retired at the end of 2016 and I have a pair of men’s black dress shoes in there that I probably got about two years before I retired and haven’t worn since, so I’d say at least four years old.