Teresa, The Haunted Wordsmith, tagged me for another 3-2-1 Quote Me prompt. This time the word is “truth.”
Here are the rules:
- Thank the the person who tagged you. Thank you Teresa.
- Post 2 quotes for the dedicated Topic of the Day. See below.
- Select 3 bloggers to take part in “3-2-1 Quote Me.” My tags will be at the end of the post, so you’ll need to read the whole damn post to see if you’ve been tagged.
There is no deadline for participating in the game, which makes it perfect for everyone.
Today’s topic is truth. It’s a tricky one, especially in the world of Donald Trump. He wouldn’t know the truth if it smacked him in the face. And as his TV lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, infamously said, “Truth isn’t truth.”
But that said, here are my two quotes about “truth.”
“Most truths are so naked that people cover them up, at least a little bit.”
American journalist and TV anchorman,
Edward R. Murrow
“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.”
American novelist, short story writer, and essayist,
Okay, now it’s time for me to tag three other bloggers. But before I do, let me give you this bit of advice:
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.
Okay. I am tagging:
- Ruth over at Ruth Blogs Here
- Cheryl, aka The Bag Lady
- Paula Light at Light Motifs II
For what it’s worth, you three are under no obligation to participate, although I hope you will.