Fandango’s Provocative Question #1

Thoughtful Emoji

So how about this? I’m thinking about starting something new and maybe different. Something that may get your creative juices flowing.

Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question. Now by provocative, I don’t mean a question that will cause annoyance or anger. Nor do I mean a question intended to arouse sexual desire or interest.

What I do mean is a question that is likely to get you to think, to be creative, and to provoke a response. Hopefully a positive response.

My first provocative question is this:

“If you could be the opposite sex for one day, what would you do?”

Whether or not there will be a second provocative question challenge will depend upon how you all respond to this one. You can also tell me in the comments if you think this idea is a good one or if it sucks.

If you do decide to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments.

And most important, have fun.

53 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #1

1. raynotbradbury November 14, 2018 / 5:34 am

It’s good one 🙂
    I think I’d go to the bar, talk with guys all night long on Friday 🙂 like a real man lol ???

2. Christine Bolton November 14, 2018 / 5:36 am

I would wonder what it’s like to scratch my private parts in public and not bat an eyelid 😳

3. Irene November 14, 2018 / 6:16 am

This sounds like fun! My blog’s theme could not possibly accommodate this week’s FPQ, but I think I would go to an old fashioned barber shop, get a shave (hot face towel, foamy pot and big blade) and chat with the barber about politics or sports 🙂 (FUN FACT: in Japan, it is not uncommon for women to ask for full face shaving at the salon)

• Marleen November 14, 2018 / 8:26 am

Does this mean they grow facial hair, or they pretend?

• Irene November 14, 2018 / 10:19 am

No, it is to remove any facial hair they could have, even around the ears, forehead, etc.

• Irene November 14, 2018 / 10:16 am

Well, I do not know, really, I guess it is probably cultural; French people often wonder why women in the Americas shave their underarms. I thought of the barber shop precisely because I would never want to do it as a woman (in this continent), and it is a harmless “men only” activity, no sexism or political issues,hehe

4. yanahakoó November 14, 2018 / 7:07 am

Aaaa if i could be opposite sex one day
    Maybe to be true to my self and enjoy it.

5. pensitivity101 November 14, 2018 / 7:33 am

Don’t think I’d like to be a guy, even for a day, but have sometimes wished guys could be gals for one day and experience PMT, menstrual cramp or even childbirth (not that I’ve actually experieinced the latter), though some guys say they suffer PMT by default living in a household of women!

6. Marilyn Armstrong November 14, 2018 / 7:51 am

Good idea. Weekly gives me a bit of time to plan other stuff, too. Not today, I don’t think. I have to close up and move on with my day, but I think it’s a great idea.

7. Marleen November 14, 2018 / 9:48 am

I read LadyLeemanila’s poem and, at that site, listened to Beyonce ‘s song.

Something that stood out to me was the line about making up rules as you go. I do think that’s more common with guys. If not abused, having a bit of that way of thinking can help in life… particularly to deal with people who have a lot of it.

I did climb trees as a kid, and build forts with friends and cousins. And I wasn’t considered a tomboy for it. I have something I would have been more likely to do had I been a boy, and a different thing I would do as the opposite sex for just one day.

As a boy, I think I would have headed to a beach as soon as I was of age. I would’ve learned to surf and tried to make a career of it. (Then, if that didn’t work out, I could’ve gone to college for architecture and not have been treated like an outcast [girl].) For a day, well, it’s only a day. That’s going to be about sex. But I ain’t gonna be a playa’… so… … interesting thought experiment. I was going to say I have to fit masturbation in there, but… I think I’m spending it on a beach if I’m doing something different for a day. I suppose it could be a private beach. (Would most men just go to a public beach and see what happens? I don’t know.)

• Fandango November 14, 2018 / 2:31 pm

I’d go the same place, too! 😱

8. newepicauthor November 14, 2018 / 11:30 am

Being the queen for a day, first off I would hope that this was not the wrong time of the month for me. I would do all of the feminine activities that I could get away with. I would probably have to go out and buy some new clothes and I think that I would start out by purchasing some lingerie, as the thought of wearing a thong has always appealed to me. I would get totally naked and stare at my body in the mirror investigating every aspect of this new female experience. I would want to carefully examine my boobs and play with all of my lady parts using sex toys. Next, I would get all dolled up wearing a really sexy beautiful dress, or a skirt with a flowery blouse then I would wear heels to see how they felt and definitely put on some makeup. Since I have no interest in being with a guy, I might try to meet a lesbian and watch a chick flick with her and after our hormones are all worked up we would have sex with each other. It would be interesting trying to find out what multiple orgasms feels like as a woman.

9. crushedcaramel November 14, 2018 / 3:31 pm

I don’t think I am going to have time to prepare a post….but my answer to “if I were a man for a day…” – I would eat man size portions of food! My brother in laws family are all great strapping builders/farmers…oh my goodness can they shovel food!

• Fandango November 14, 2018 / 8:02 pm

No worries, although I’ve known a few females that can out eat most males. They do exist.

• crushedcaramel November 15, 2018 / 2:33 am

I have a beautiful Spanish friend who is about forty now and is incredibly thin…probably a size 00. The amount of food she eats is incredible. I cannot comprehend it.

10. Sight11 November 14, 2018 / 7:04 pm

Will think it’s all a dream and sleep till its back to normal…

11. Marleen November 19, 2018 / 9:32 am

After thinking about this some more, it would not be a private beach I would choose; that would be missing out on some fun. I’d have a room on a popular beach (such as in Maui, Hawaaii, on the busy side of the island); I could go in from like eleven to two so as not to get burned and to enjoy Maui’s hotel food and the — as Winnie put it — equipment.

12. leigha66 November 21, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Good idea. I am so hopelessly behind right now, but if I ever catch up I would love to jump in!

13. Pingback: Thank you! Thank you! You’re welcome! – Modern Mystic Mother