Maggie, at From Cave Walls, and Lauren, at LSS Attitude of Gratitude, alternate hosting Throwback Thursday. The idea of the prompt is for them to give us a topic and for us to write a post in which we share our own memories or experiences about the given topic. This week, Maggie chose the topic of “First Crush.”
Here are Maggie’s questions.
- Who was your first crush? First names only! Her name was Michelle, but everyone called her Mickey.
- Was this a celebrity or someone you knew? She was the older sister of my best friend, Marty.
- How old were you? I was nine.
- How old was your crush? She was twelve.
- Did you let your crush know you liked them? If so, how? I liked it when she was around when I went over to play with Marty and I think she may have suspected that I had a crush on her.
- Did your crush like you, too? How did you know? I believe she was kind of flattered that I liked her being around even though my friend Marty would have preferred that “a girl” didn’t hang out with us. I’m still not sure why a twelve year old girl wanted to hang out with her younger brother and his friend. Maybe she had a crush on me, too. But we never talked of such things.
- Did you get teased by your family for having a boyfriend or girlfriend? I didn’t tell anyone in my family that I had a crush on Mickey, so no one knew to tease me about her.
- Did you feel like you were in love or did you think it was simply a fleeting crush? I knew it was just a fleeting crush. She was pretty and she had boobs, and that fascinated me.
- Was this just a temporary crush or your first heartbreak? Just a temporary crush.
- When you think of that person today, do you have fond memories of them? To be honest, this was six and a half decades ago. The only memory I have of her, fond or otherwise, was when she let me feel her up over her sweater one time when I was over at Marty’s and Marty excused himself to go to the bathroom. For a nine year old boy, that was memorable.