SoCS — An Early Saturday Morning Amble

It’s time for an amble through my mind as I respond to Linda G. Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt, where she gives us the word “___amble” and suggests adding letters to the beginning of it to make another word or use it as is in our post.

The first thing that came to mind was something that I was required to memorize back in school: the Preamble to the U.S. Constitution. You know, the one that starts out, “We the people….”

Sadly, former President Donald Trump and the Republican politicians who support him have made a shambles of not only the Preamble, but of the entire Constitution.

They’ve collectively done everything they can to try to obscure justice, to destroy domestic tranquility, to remove the general welfare, and to take away our liberties.

In a speech 18 months ago in which he rambled on with lies about a stolen election, Trump promoted and encouraged his MAGA Maniacs to scramble to the U.S. Capitol building in an attempted insurgency. He had no qualms about inciting violence in his unsuccessful gamble to illegally stop the peaceful and orderly transition of power in order for him to personally stay in power after losing the election.

The House Select Committee investigating the January 6th insurrection attempt has done an excellent job in helping to unscramble all of the unethical, illegal, and even immoral things Trump and his henchmen had done in order to subvert the democratic process that has been the glue holding America together for 250 years.

Let’s hope that Trump and his cronies, who have created a bramble bush of deceit and corruption, will not go unpunished.

25 thoughts on “SoCS — An Early Saturday Morning Amble

1. willowdot21 July 2, 2022 / 3:23 am

Very clever and very true and you have a lot of ambles in there.
    I hope and pray the evil and I mean evil can be undone. I hope trump goes to prison but I doubt that will happen, I pray women can be set free to be incharge of their jobs lives and bodies and I pray that your guns laws will be radically changed. I pray America will not become Gilead! It’s on its way. To all sensible and right thinking Americans I send support and love.
    I’m from the UK and I know our leaders are nothing to be proud of either 💜

2. donmatthewspoetry July 2, 2022 / 3:42 am

A clever amble through American politics of late Fan……..

I didn’t know there was a ‘Preamble to the Constitution’……

3. Carol anne July 2, 2022 / 4:15 am

I hope that america will go back to some sort of normal now that he’s out of power!

4. Maggie July 2, 2022 / 7:39 am

Excellent post. Sadly I fear they will be like most rich white guys in America and slip right through the halls of justice.

5. Marleen July 2, 2022 / 10:25 am

Don’t get distracted, senators are work-
    ing hard to screw you — RIGHT NOW!

• Marleen July 2, 2022 / 10:59 am

Oh, this looks bad (“bad” an understatement).

• Marleen July 2, 2022 / 10:59 am

SUPPLY

6. Marleen July 2, 2022 / 10:42 am

Kamala Harris Flubs CNN Interview | The Kyle Kalinski Show

7. Marleen July 2, 2022 / 10:47 am

Amen, amen, amen to the Preamble! Republicans are exponential shit. But WHAT are the fucking Democrats going to DO about it? I absolutely love what you did with word AMBLE.

8. Marleen July 2, 2022 / 12:49 pm