Hi, it’s me again, Fandango. Jim is still on vacation and I’m once again filling in for him. But don’t you worry, he’ll be back hosting Song Lyric Sunday again next week. Anyway, let’s get down to business.
Last week’s Song Lyric Sunday theme was One-Hit Wonders, where an artist or a group had a song that reached the top without any follow-up successes. That theme was suggested by Amy (aka E.M. Kingston). This week’s theme is songs that were turned down by recording artists that went on to become big hits, or what I like to call missed opportunities.
Jim suggests that you try to find a song that fits the theme and then write your post about that song. Share your music with others and post a video, post the song’s lyrics, try do some research, and let everyone know something about the song that you post. Tell everyone why you like the song, whether it was a hit, or what you think the song is about.
Once you’ve written you post, create a pingback, or you can just place your link in the comments section. Try to take some time to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this music challenge, and even better, read as many of them as you are able to as you will probably find many enjoyable songs and it is quite possibly that you will learn a thing or two. Let’s all listen to our favorite songs and explore some new music.
Jim encourages us to:
• Try to use the prompt words or at least conform to a general theme, as you see it. If the song you select does not meet the criteria, then please explain why you chose this song.
• Please include the name(s) of the songwriter(s), as it’s a good idea to give credit where credit is due. It would also be a good idea to give credit to the singer and the band associated with your song.
• Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be, but please try not to include too many videos as that just makes it take longer to look at all of the other posts.
• Link to the YouTube video, or you can pull it into your post, so others can listen to the song.
• Read at least one other person’s blog, so we can all share new and fantastic music and create amazing new blogging friends in the process.
• Feel free to suggest future prompts.
• Have fun and enjoy the music.
The upcoming Song Lyric Sunday challenges will be:
July 17, 2022 – Songs that hit the top of the charts
July 24, 2022 – Feature a song by a group or an artist that surprisingly never reached #1 on the charts – This idea was taken from UK #1s blog, The UK Number Ones Blog
July 31, 2022 – Illness, Injury, Scars suggested by Angie of King Ben’s Grandma
August 7, 2022 – Pets, Names, Memories suggested by Di of pensitivity101