One-Liner Wednesday — Happiness Comes and Goes

AD579F95-B63C-4680-9C3B-244C156CD8D8“Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.”

Irish poet and playwright, Oscar Wilde

Let me honest about this. I saw this quote yesterday on the WoollyMuses site when he posted it in response to my “FOWC With Fandango” prompt, “leave.” He said he saw the quote posted on a blackboard in a pub somewhere.

The quote struck me because of its fundamental truth. I think we all know people who bring happiness and joy to whoever they’re with or wherever they are. But, no doubt, we all know a few people whose very presence is a downer, and when they leave, it’s a relief.

So thank you, Woolly, for the inspiration for my One-Liner Wednesday post. And thank you to Oscar Wilde for your insight.

19 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — Happiness Comes and Goes

1. Sadje November 27, 2018 / 11:55 pm

Oh! I love this one. Hope that I fall in the first category. 😊

2. MrsWayfarer November 28, 2018 / 12:19 am

I like this post. I have loved ones whom I’ve been avoiding because they bring drama and negativity.

• Fandango November 28, 2018 / 7:16 am

We all have a few relatives like that.

3. Woolly Muses November 28, 2018 / 2:31 am

You are most definitely welcome Fandango. I am also pleased that you have found its author. 🙂 I suspect these quotes are somewhere in the WWWeb. As for the somewhere….I don’t think I ever mentioned where. There is a Hotel in Geelong (Victoria, Australia) which posts these quotes..

4. bikerchick57 November 28, 2018 / 3:46 am

I can report that most of my friends, co-workers and acquaintances bring the happy when they are near, but I know or have known people in the other category. I will not expand on that other than to say I wish joy and peace for the other category as they probably need it most.

5. Dan Antion November 28, 2018 / 4:02 am

I know some in both groups. Fortunately, I have concentrated my efforts on the folks in the first one.

6. Laurie November 28, 2018 / 4:23 am

Now I am mentally putting everyone I know into one group or the other! 😀

• Fandango November 28, 2018 / 8:16 am

The way things are going, I’ll probably be dead before Trump is finally gone.

• Fandango November 28, 2018 / 9:06 am

No, but I’m afraid Trump won’t let go of control with grace and dignity unless he’s assured that the Trump dynasty will continue…maybe with Ivanka and then, who knows, Barron?

7. Laura November 28, 2018 / 1:53 pm

hmmm…yep. I know a couple of folks who fall in the latter category.