Di (aka Pensitivity101) and Melanie (Sparks From a Combustible Mind) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. Since Melanie is still temporarily out of commission, Di is back hosting, and this week she turned to Jim Adams for some interesting questions.
1. Why did all the dinosaurs die?
2. Why are there so many stories about the great flood?
Because it was so great!
3. What happened at Hadrian’s wall?
Humpty Dumpty sat on it and fell.
4. How long was the hundred years war?
Fifteen years because its duration was measured in dog years.
5. Why was it all quiet on the western front?
Because that’s where the library was.
6. What was the Boxer Rebellion all about?
It was about how the dogs at the puppy mill, many of them boxers, rioted because of the way they were treated.
7. What caused the Titanic to sink?
It was hit by a torpedo shot from a German U-boat.
8. Why do they want us to remember the Main?
Because the main circuit box controls the power to the house and it’s good to remember where it is so you can reset the circuits and restore power in case of an outage.
9. What happened to Amelia Earhart?
She flew the coop.
10. Who was involved in the Iran Contra scandal?
The so-called scandal occurred when I ran in a half marathon race the wrong way, contrary to the designated route.