Truthful Tuesday — Substitute Teacher

Frank, aka PCGuy, usually publishes his Truthful Tuesday posts, but he’s taking a short hiatus and Melanie from Sparks from a Combustible Mind is sitting in for Frank. This week, Melanie wants to know…

Truthfully, how much faith do you have in the new versions of Covid that keep appearing?

I’m not sure I would use the word “faith” when talking about COVID variants continuing to appear. However, I am concerned that, as long as there are significant numbers of anti-vaxxers and anti-facemaskers around, new variations of COVID will keep appearing.

Do you think they’ll eventually become something we accept just like we do influenza?

I don’t know, but one can only hope that if we can’t find a cure, the virus can at least become manageable through annual vaccines. Of course, why would those idiots who refuse to get vaccinated for COVID now get vaccinated for COVID if it’s managed through a flu-like vaccine?

Or do you think there’s possible a real cure ‘out there’?

Unfortunately, just as there’s no “cure” for the flu, I don’t believe there will be a “cure” for COVID. I’d be happy with annual vaccines or boosters that reduce the likelihood of getting COVID and lessen the severity for those who do get infected.

Alternatively if you think Covid is a lot of tosh, feel free to share your opinion and reasons why.

I want to thank Donald Trump, who claimed that COVID was a Chinese hoax, and the Republicans who still claim that it’s a liberal plot. But with more than 800,000 COVID deaths in America alone and millions infected, I don’t know how anyone can honestly consider COVID to be “a lot of tosh.”

9 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Substitute Teacher

1. Melanie B Cee December 28, 2021 / 12:54 pm

Very well put! The odd thing is that some of those anti-vaxxers and hoax believers are contracting the severe versions of Covid and a number of them are dropping dead. I have a neighbor whose daughter and S-I-L were rabid anti-vaxxers, and both have contracted the damned thing. Now the daughter is severely ill. Maybe it’s just a case of who gets the last ‘laugh’….not that it’s funny at all. But it’s disturbing that so many will have a loved one or a good friend who gets ill or even dies, and still will stick to their stupid ideas. Thanks Fandango for a good start to a discussion!

• Fandango December 28, 2021 / 10:44 pm

“…some of those anti-vaxxers and hoax believers are contracting the severe versions of Covid and a number of them are dropping dead.” I don’t feel any sympathy for them. They made their choices and must live — or die — with the consequences of their choices.

• Melanie B Cee December 29, 2021 / 11:20 am

I don’t have any pity either. They did it to themselves. But to witness that in someone close to you or whom you know, and see them still blaming the government or conspiracies/hoaxes or whatever just makes me think it’s natural selection at work. The stupidest are being culled form the herd.

2. lssattitudeofgratitude December 28, 2021 / 10:31 pm

Sadly, I still have family members who believe that there are not actually 800,000 deaths and that it is nothing but a bad flu. It disgusts me. I have had to block family members from my Facebook so I can protect myself from their insanity.

• Fandango December 28, 2021 / 11:17 pm

It’s really hard to fathom the denial. I read just today that the United States pushed the seven-day average of new daily cases to 253,245 as of Tuesday afternoon, a new record number of COVID cases!

3. Marleen December 31, 2021 / 11:36 am

And then there’s the trouble we have to deal with, besides that due to Trump having been an asshole and not gotten us tests from the start, that Fauci is a bit of a jackass.

Fauci ADMITS Nothing Is 100% Risk-Free, Under FIRE For New Quarantine Guidelines & Lack Of Testing

• Marleen December 31, 2021 / 1:23 pm

If you don’t want to view the whole thing, at least take a look at 1:15 in through 4:45 (three-and-a-half minutes) for basic information.

Streamed yesterday on Rising (from The Hill): … Canadian Travel Vax Mandates, Creating FRACTURED Society?

• Marleen December 31, 2021 / 2:14 pm

Also steamed yesterday: Kim Iversen • Emails REVEAL Fauci & Collins colluded to Smear Scientists, SHUT DOWN Scientific Debate [and Twitter de-platforms the originator of mRNA vaccines]

Comments are closed.