A blogger I follow, The Bag Lady, posted a series of questions yesterday for those who like to read books and I thought I’d take a shot at answering the posted questions. The original post, along with where she came upon these questions, can be found here.
Okay, here goes.
- Do you have a specific place for reading? Either on the living room sofa or in bed.
- Bookmark or random piece of paper. I read all my books on the Kindle app on my iPhone, so I use electronic bookmarks.
- Do you eat or drink while reading? Not usually, although I will sometime sip coffee while reading on the sofa.
- Music or TV while reading? Not while watching TV, but sometimes while listening to music with the volume down low.
- One book at a time or several? One at a time.
- Do you prefer to read at home or elsewhere? At home.
- Read out loud or silently? Silently.
- Do you read ahead or skip pages? No, I always start at the beginning and read to the end. No reading ahead or skipping pages.
- Break the spine or keep it new? Since I mostly read on my iPhone, there’s no spine to break…without breaking the iPhone.
- Do you write in books? One more time: iPhone. So no.
- What books are you reading now? The Handmaid’s Tale.
- What is your favorite childhood book? Would you believe The Hardy Boys mystery series? (I suppose I’m showing my age with that answer.)
- What is your all-time favorite book and why do you love it? Almost any book that transports me to another time and place. James Clavell’s Shogun comes to mind, as does Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Trilogy, and, of course, Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings. Also, most of Stephen King’s books.
Anyone else care to answer these questions?