Melanie’s Share Your World prompt asks us to answer questions that enable us to share our worlds with our fellow bloggers. So let me answer her questions so I can share my world with all of you.
What do fish do all day? What thoughts do you think they have?
Fish, at least the ones who haven’t been caught by fishermen, swim around all day. What thoughts do they have? Well today, the fish in San Francisco are probably thinking how happy they are to be fish swimming around in nice, cool water. Because the humans in San Francisco are dealing today with freakishly hot temperatures.
What celebrity would you have as a SPOUSE, if you HAD to choose?
I don’t know. Maybe that “washed up psycho Bette Midler” since she earned the ire of that crazy fuck, Donald Trump.
What’s the most expensive thing you’ve ever broken?
A car that I totaled in an accident, although it wasn’t my fault. It never is, dammit.
When was the last time you slept more than 9 hours in a stretch? Why?
Nine hours? Seriously, I feel lucky if I can get six hours in a stretch. Why? Why what? Why can’t I sleep for more than nine hours in a stretch? Probably because I can’t go for nine hours in a stretch without having to get up an take a piss.
An Attitude of Gratitude!
Share something you were really grateful for this year (so far):
I’m grateful to all of the people who take time out of their busy days to read, like, and comment on my posts and who follow my blog. Thank you all.
Monday has rolled around once again, and you know what that means, right? It’s Melanie’s Share Your World time.
What’s the first thing you notice about a person?
At the risk of coming across as sexist, it’s gender. What can I say? I notice if a person is male or female.
What three habits do you feel would improve someone’s life?
A good night’s sleep, a healthy diet, and plenty of sex.
What takes up too much of your time? Would you stop that if you could?
Blogging. Duh! And, yes, I could stop if I wanted to, but I don’t want to.
Cookies (biscuits to those elsewhere), pastries, pie, or cake? If not, what does your sweet tooth crave?
Ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Are You Happy? If so, why? If not, why not?
Happy? That is so subjective. Let’s just say that I’m content.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
English writer Virginia Woolf
Written for Linda G. Hill’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt.
So msjadeli over at Tao Talk, got nominated for a Liebster Award and posted her 11 questions, which she dutifully passed on to “anyone who wants to answer.” I think she’s talking about me! So here goes.
- Pets or no pets? If pets, please do tell about them. If no pets, why not? We have a dog and a cat. Our dog, a black German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix is a 13 year-old rescue dog. Our cat, a typical black cat with green eyes, is around 11 and was a stray who somehow found us.
- What’s the farthest you’ve been from your home? Our son spent two semesters in Russia during his undergraduate years and we visited him there. We went to St. Petersburg and then took the midnight train to Moscow.
- What’s the funniest thing you ever saw? That short video of a monkey shining shoes and washing a cat.
- Who is your favorite comedian? The late, great George Carlin.
- What’s your favorite TV series, past or present? The Wire.
- If you had a time machine and could go to only 3 places, where would they be and why? I’m too old to want to go gallivanting through time and space by getting into a time machine and going to any other places or times. Besides, what would happen if there was some technical glitch and I got stuck somewhere I didn’t want to be. No thank you.
- What do you consider your greatest skill? My ability to sniff out bullshit (figuratively, not literally).
- If you could be frozen in a cryogenic tank right now and wake up in 50 years, would you do it? Why or why not? No, because the way things are going, our planet might be uninhabitable in 50 years.
- If you had to choose between losing your hearing and losing your sight, which one would you choose to lose? My hearing ain’t so good as it is, so I’d have to go with that. I surely don’t want to lose my eyesight.
- What is your favorite fairy tale? Right now I’d say it’s Humpty Dumpty, where Donald Trump is Humpty Dumpty and all the king’s men are the prosecutors working for Robert Mueller.
- What is one thing you hope to get for the holidays (if you celebrate where gifts are exchanged)? A good night’s sleep.