Dr. Tanya asks us to list 5 things we don’t want to see in 2022.
1. I don’t want to see Donald Trump get away with having almost destroyed the American democracy.
What I do want to see is Donald Trump being arrested, tried, convicted, and incarcerated. Along with all of the others who schemed, planned, and participated (and are still participating) in the Big Lie and the attempt to overturn the election of Joe Biden in 2021.
2. I don’t want to see Republicans taking back control of Congress in the midterm elections in November.
What I do want to see is American voters recognizing that, should Republicans gain control of Congress, that could be the last nail in the coffin of our democracy.
3. I don’t want to see COVID-19 and its variants continue to plague humanity.
What I do want to see is people willing to get vaccinated and to mask up so that we might finally put this pandemic behind us.
4. I don’t want to see continued complacency around climate change.
What I do want to see are definitive actions by governments around the world to abate the devastation that continuing on the path we’re on with respect to climate change will lead to.
5. I don’t want to see a decision by the Supreme Court that would, for all intents and purposes, overturn Roe v Wade and make abortions illegal in the United States.
What I do want to see is a recognition that women have equal rights, especially when it comes to managing their own reproductive health, and that the ultimate decision a woman makes about her pregnancy is a personal and private one.