Weekend Writing Prompt — No Talking Today

I’m not very loquacious at the moment
Given how I feel
I’m not at all talkative
I don’t have a whole lot to say
Not up for chatting much
No wordy prating on about this, that, and the other
No long winded diatribe on politics or religion
Too tired to be garrulous
In too much pain to be gabby
Not in the mood to be glib, flap-jawed, or babbling away
No verbose notions running through my muddled mind
Time to close my eyes again
Think about talking tomorrow

(Exactly 88 words)

Written for Sammi Cox’s Weekend Writing Prompt, “loquacious,” in exactly 88 words.

28 thoughts on “Weekend Writing Prompt — No Talking Today

• Fandango January 22, 2023 / 2:38 pm

I’ve not been keeping up with the news much over the past week. And you know what, Sadje, I don’t miss it.

• Marleen January 22, 2023 / 5:11 pm

I just now came across the following write-up (due to curiosity that came up because of a topic at MSJADELI‘s site).

They both avoided contemporary culture, neither had a car nor would drive one, and both largely ignored politics and the news.

And in their fledgling efforts as novelists, they served as each others first readers.

“The unpayable debt that I owe to him was not influence but sheer encouragement,” Tolkien wrote decades later. “He was for long my only audience.”

1. Keith's Ramblings January 22, 2023 / 9:44 am

If that’s you being unloquacious (not sure that’s a word!) you’ll be really going at it tomorrow!

2. Nope, Not Pam January 22, 2023 / 11:11 am

I hope you’re feeling a little better. 🥹

3. Marleen January 22, 2023 / 12:13 pm

Here is a nice little (but huge) piece of news I came across, today. I did not see an option (with a start arrow) for listening instead of reading, though.

“He took notice and began explaining what each [sound] was, with the warmest, calmest tone,” Lee said. That wasn’t even the most amazingly sweet part of the story.

4. rugby843 January 22, 2023 / 12:26 pm

Loved this and know you are suffering but live the words you used

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

5. bushboy January 22, 2023 / 12:48 pm

Do the hospital staff say that you don’t talk much or……. 😂

• Marleen January 22, 2023 / 12:50 pm

Inquiring minds want to know.

• Fandango January 22, 2023 / 2:00 pm

The hospital staff keep waking me and asking me to rate my pain on a scale from 1 to 10. Then, after waking me up, they ask me if I’m sleeping okay! 😒

• bushboy January 22, 2023 / 3:09 pm

Next time they wake you for a pain scale measure tell them you have a pain in your arse and look at them quizzically 😂

• Lolsy's Library January 22, 2023 / 10:38 pm

They seem to do that a lot, lol. I wonder if it’s just to make sure you’re alive still, lol

6. Bill January 23, 2023 / 8:00 am

I’m not sure what else there is to say. 🙂