Maggie, over at From Cave Walls, has a blogging survey she’d like us to take. Sure, Maggie, I’d be happy to.
1. How many times per week do you post? Do you post multiple times a day? If so, how many? I generally post between 3 and 5 posts a day.
2. How many blogs do you follow? A little over 200.
3. Do you read all the blogs you follow every day? If not, how often do you read other blogs? I try my best to read (or at least skim) posts from every blogger I follow that shows up in my Reader.
4. Do you seek out new blogs to follow? If so, how do you find them? Not very often. I’m pretty much tapped out as far as the number of blogs I can follow. If someone new (to me) comments on one of my posts, I will likely go check out their blog and if what I sample looks interesting, I may start to follow them.
5. Do you comment on the blogs you read? If not, why? Do you respond to all the comments left on your blog? There are not enough hours in the day for me to comment on all of the posts from all of the bloggers I follow, since most of them post multiple times a day. I comment on those that I can and like them as well. As to commenting on comments on my posts, I read them all and comment back on probably around half of them, but I like them all (unless they’re spam).
6. Do you ever close comments on a blog you post? If so, why? My comments close after 45 days from the date the post was published in order to minimize spam.
7. Do you ever unfollow someone? If so, why? I will periodically go through the blogs I follow and if the blogger hasn’t posted anything in four or more months, I will unfollow that blog. Other than that, I have only unfollowed one blogger because of comments she made. Of course, sometimes I discover that WordPress has inexplicably unfollowed random blogs I’d been following. I don’t know why that happens.
8. What content inspires you to follow a blogger? Engaging, entertaining, witty, well-written content.
9. What content turns you off from following someone? Content that is not engaging, entertaining, witty, or well-written.
10. How important is it to you that you add a photo to every post? Very important. Sometimes it takes me longer to find just the right photo or image than it does to write the post. Of course, when I respond to photo prompts, another blogger has taken care of that for me.
11. Leave me a link for one blogger (other than yourself) that you think I should check out. Ooh, this is a tough one. Paula Light picked me, and I appreciate that, but I think I’m going with Di, at Pensitivity 101. She stepped in when Melanie was sick to pick up three prompts, Share Your World, Truthful Tuesday, and Fibbing Friday, and keep them going and has continued them after Melanie passed away. So kudos to Di.