TMP — Hair

Every Monday, Paula Light, with her The Monday Peeve prompt, gives us an opportunity to vent or rant about something that pisses us off.

My peeve today is with people who complain about how to style, cut, shampoo, or wear their hair. Or grouse about how their hair stylist or barber butchered their cut. Oh boo boo! At least you still have your hair.

My hair abandoned me years ago. And as someone who is follically challenged, I have little sympathy for those with a full head of long, beautiful hair, shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen, straight, curly, fuzzy, or shaggy hair.

At the same time, I have no patience with the baldies out there who piss and moan about how unfair it is that they have no hair. It is what it is. Deal with it!

(I hope everyone realizes that this peeve is tongue-in-cheek. You get that, right, Paula?)

17 thoughts on “TMP — Hair

1. lifelessons January 9, 2023 / 4:17 pm

My pet peeve is people who have to explain that their post is tongue-in-cheek. ;o). (I’m kidding of course.) ;o)

2. cagedunn January 9, 2023 / 4:37 pm

You know how oldies complain about grey hair? Well, I’m older than the average grey-haired git, and I ain’t got no grey in there (maybe a few, but you have to be out in the sun to see their glint).
    I may not have a lot of hair, but what I have is glorious in colour, despite my age (I’m older than Mel was by a few years).

• cagedunn January 9, 2023 / 4:56 pm

Oh, the people who hate me, and never mention hair in my hearing? Even my younger sisters hate me.

3. anotherday2paradise January 9, 2023 / 6:33 pm

My hubby is also hairless. I know I’m lucky to still have hair but I’m never happy with the way it looks.

4. Nope, Not Pam January 9, 2023 / 6:51 pm

Must admit I laughed when I found out brother went bald … then I saw him again and it really suited him

5. Marleen January 9, 2023 / 9:12 pm

I have a cousin who has been getting her hair frosted and highlighted in regular intervals for decades. This means she’s been having patches of her strands colored. But she thinks she “has” no grey, and she thinks it’s because she had no children. That’s a sensible theory, but the logistics of what has been happening with her hairdresser doesn’t support it. Yet it doesn’t matter, and I don’t contradict the narrative.

Meanwhile, I have hair that is my natural brown — which can get very light or blonde in the sun — as well as white streaks. I decided I didn’t want to see the dark brown — dark as I haven’t been in the sun much and as it has gotten a bit darker yet and less warm — any more. So, I went mostly blonde… with some natural white highlighting features as well as bits of warmer natural brown remainders.

As for my peeve, my peeve is that I can’t have socks. If I buy soft wool trouser socks to go with dressy slacks, said socks get claimed as if a female would by no means want or have need for such a consideration. The exception is that if I have a stash of minimal sports socks, the kind which barely peak out from sneakers, they will be left alone if there’s at least one pair that is pink or has pink trim amongst them. I’m planning to buy some navy-color knee socks to wear inside navy new leather shoes I tried breaking in with no socks, with the result of gaining blisters. I’ll have to choose the cable knit detail sort and see if that helps.

• Fandango January 9, 2023 / 11:50 pm

I never have a problem with socks. Since I retired six years ago, my socks are white crew socks. Inexpensive and available on Amazon.

6. Lauren January 9, 2023 / 10:59 pm

I’m constantly getting comments about my lack of gray hair. There are more and more strands coming in gray. I honestly wonder after I lose it all to chemo, what the new hair will like like.

• Fandango January 10, 2023 / 12:54 pm

Bald is, indeed, beautiful! 😉

7. sweeterthannothing January 10, 2023 / 3:16 am

I honestly think you might be the lucky one, hair is such a CHORE but if I did a Britney and shaved it all off in a moment of madness I’d be locked away in the asylum.