Rory’s Morning Dawdler — 01/07/23

Rory, the king of questions, also known as the Autistic Composter, has come up with a new series of questions that he calls “The Morning Dawdler.” He poses four questions three times a week, questions he says are “inspired by life, humor, conversations and observations, town life, blog posts, writers, gardening, news stories, television, entertainment, and human curiosity, and so on.”

Here are Rory’s four morning dawdler questions for today.

Have you ever learned to fight or taken self-defense lessons – why did you feel this was necessary or was this something that you wanted to know to feel safer?

I never took boxing, karate, or judo lessons. I learned to fight in the streets and I was decent enough to defend my self when provoked and couldn’t talk my way out of a fight.

Do you spell grey as gray and also is it colour or color?

I’m an American, so for me, the color is “gray” and the word “color” does not have a superfluous “u” in it.

Are you now or have you ever been afraid of the dark?

I probably was when I was a kid, but now I love the dark. My bedroom has to be pitch black and on top of that, I wear a sleep mask to block out any light that might sneak into the room.

Where do you prefer to do most of your clothing shopping – online or in-store?

I can’t remember the last time I bought any clothing in a brick and mortar store. Every article of clothing I buy these days, from shoes to underwear, from shirts to pants, is purchased online.

9 thoughts on “Rory’s Morning Dawdler — 01/07/23

1. Marleen January 7, 2023 / 12:14 pm

I use both “grey” and “gray” as spellings. I might come into contact with both because of shopping online. I’d say I do my clothing shopping maybe half-and-half online and in-person. I only use “color” as the spelling for that word.

2. Sadje January 7, 2023 / 12:48 pm

Grey is a name too as in Grey’s anatomy. Our anatomy book was called grey’s anatomy.

3. donmatthewspoetry January 7, 2023 / 2:49 pm

Gray on grey
    Heartache on hartaches
    Blue on blu
    Everything I make fake

Gawd………

4. Marilyn Armstrong January 7, 2023 / 3:44 pm

I started wearing a sleep mask because Garry like watching TV, sometimes very late. Now I can’t sleep without one!

• Fandango January 7, 2023 / 4:24 pm

I can’t either. On those rare occasions when I take a nap during the day, the sleep mask comes in handy.

5. The Autistic Composter January 8, 2023 / 11:01 am

Interesting answers Fandango. I tried a sleep mask once and couldn’t find satisfaction from it at all. I suppose maybe it’s because even now l fall asleep in a room that is never truly dark to begin with.

Did you learn street fighting as a youngster growing up or from your days as a cage fighter …. 🙂

• Fandango January 8, 2023 / 10:07 pm

I’ve been wearing a sleep mask for years, and yes, it takes some getting used to, but once you do, it’s great. At least I think so.

I wouldn’t say I was a street fighter per se in my youth, but I learned how to defend myself if I had to. No cage fighting for me! 😄

• The Autistic Composter January 9, 2023 / 12:36 am

So no cage fighting and of course we know you weren’t the naked skiier … wink wink 🙂

Comments are closed.