Share Your World — 12/26/2022

Share Your World

Di, at Pensitivity101, is our host for Share Your World each week. Here are her post-Christmas 2022 questions for this week.

1. If you have been given a variety of gifts, do you have to clear out of older stuff to make room for it?

I was more of a gift giver than a gift receiver this year, so no, I did not have to make room for new stuff by throwing out the older stuff. My only reason for ever throwing out older stuff is if it no longer works, is broken, or is worn out.

2. Do you overindulge with food for special occasions and then come to regret it with either weight gain, guilt, or severe indigestion?

I admit that, when I was a younger man, I would stuff myself at holiday meals and suffer the consequences. But I am now at the age where I know better than to do that and I have enough self-discipline that post-holiday meal weight gain, guilt, or indigestion due to overeating are no longer issues for me.

3. What is your favorite part of any celebration?

When it’s all over, including cleaning up, and I can sit back and chill.

4. Are you looking forward to getting bargains in the January sales?

I’m not really the bargain hunting type. I buy what I need or want when I need it or want it.

Gratitude: What are you grateful for today?

I’m grateful that Christmas is over.

15 thoughts on “Share Your World — 12/26/2022

1. puppy1952 December 26, 2022 / 6:31 am

Love your answers – specially the last one. LOL. Christmas can be stressful. My family have calmed down the silly season quite a bit – no over-spending for us. We do secret Santa and enjoy a lovely meal together and that’s it!

• Fandango December 26, 2022 / 4:41 pm

That sounds very pleasant…and very sane.😉

2. donmatthewspoetry December 26, 2022 / 1:41 pm

“But I am now at the age where I know better than to do that and I have enough self-discipline that post-holiday meal weight gain, guilt, or indigestion due to overeating are no longer issues for me.”

Good boy……….

3. Marilyn Armstrong December 26, 2022 / 4:01 pm

I’m usually underwhelmed by dessert, but those cannoli’s were exceptional. I ate four of them in the course of 3 days which probably isn’t as bad as I think. It’s just a lot more than I usually eat.

4. Sadje December 27, 2022 / 5:25 am

Very practical approach Fandango

5. Marleen January 1, 2023 / 1:18 pm

I was handed two twenty-dollar [open-ended] coupons when I went shopping in December one day at a store I’ve only been to a few times in my life. I’m going to go use them, today. And I’m looking forward to that, one could say grateful. There will likely be many items on sale as well. We’ll see if there’s enough to interest me to go there semi-regularly.

Comments are closed.