TGIF — My Feet

Paula Light, at Light Motifs II, has this prompt she calls TGIF. She encourages us to take this opportunity to openly chat or jabber about anything we want.

There is a brand of casual shoe I have embraced over the past few years. It’s called Kizik. It’s literally a hands-free sneaker. You stick your foot in it and it essentially wraps around your foot. And for a lazy bastard like me who doesn’t want to have to tie and untie laces or even sit down to put them on, they are perfect. But they’re only available online.

I got my first pair of Kizik sneakers about two years ago. I wear them every day and they have finally reached the point of needing to be replaced. The only issue I have with my old pair of Kiziks is that they feel a little snug in the toe area. Either my toes have grown longer over past two years or I’ve gotten more flatfooted in my old age. I decided to order a new pair through Amazon. Since my old pair was a 10 1/2, I ordered my replacement pair in size 11 from Amazon.

A few days later I was excited when my new Kiziks arrived. I opened the box, put on one shoe, and it felt smaller than my old pair. I looked at the box and it was labeled size 11. But the actual tag inside the shoe said they were size 10. Bad on you, Amazon. I immediately returned them.

Instead of reordering from Amazon, I went to the Kizik website and ordered from them. The price on Amazon and on the Kizik site are the same. As I browsed the site, I decided upon and ordered a different style than my old pair. I ordered size 11 and when the arrived a few days later, I tried them on. My feet, which are narrow, swam in them. The shoes were also too long. They, too, had to be returned.

I spoke with someone at Kizik and explained my dilemma. Size 10 1/2 shoes were not long enough, but the size 11 were both too long and too wide. She acknowledged that the style I ordered was cut large and recommended a few styles that were more narrowly cut. She suggested ordering two pairs of that style, one size 10 1/2 and one size 11, keeping the one that fit best, and returning the other one.

So I did order the two sizes. Both pairs arrived yesterday and I tried them both on. The size 10 1/2 were too tight in the toes, but the size 11 fit great. Today I dropped the smaller pair off at the UPS store to be returned. Hurray for free, no hassle returns, by the way.

So that is my boring TGIF “chat” for the day. And before anyone asks, I did not receive any compensation from Kizik for this post. Although if someone from Kizik happens to read this post….

And on that note, happy TGIF, everyone. And Merry Christmas, too.

18 thoughts on “TGIF — My Feet

1. Paula Light December 23, 2022 / 4:28 pm

I’m glad you finally found the ones that were juuuuuuust right! Enjoy your porridge… I mean shoes!

2. msjadeli December 23, 2022 / 5:02 pm

good to know, Fandango. Will remember that brand. On a totally different topic, what’s your weather like out there right now?

• Fandango December 23, 2022 / 10:13 pm

Today’s high was 55, low of 40. Partly sunny. I know what your weather was like. 🌨️❄️🥶

3. Sadje December 23, 2022 / 6:14 pm

Nothing like a comfortable shoe 👟

4. donmatthewspoetry December 23, 2022 / 6:39 pm

“I spoke with someone at Kizik”..You were actually able to get through and talk to a real live person !!! Well I’ll be……

5. Nope, Not Pam December 24, 2022 / 1:28 am

Good news, good service. A rarity nowadays

6. Lolsy's Library December 25, 2022 / 11:28 pm

I don’t mind tying my shoes still, but I hate not being able to get into shoes easily.

7. Marilyn Armstrong December 28, 2022 / 12:33 pm

They keep CHANGING things and especially in shoes, a little change goes a very long way. And why is the same size so completely different, even when it’s from the same store? I thought this was just women’s clothing. It guess it’s true for men, too.

• Fandango December 28, 2022 / 3:28 pm

I don’t know why the make these changes and can’t leave well enough alone. I call it The WordPress Syndrome.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 29, 2022 / 7:57 pm

It’s infuriating. My favorite moment was buying two pairs of jeans. Same size. Same manufacturer. I tried on one pair and didn’t think I needed to try on the other. One pair fit the other was too tight.

8. leigha66 January 23, 2023 / 3:45 pm

Here I thought with this being a shoe post for TGIF you would pull out the old Friday shoes joke, Toes Go In First.

Comments are closed.