Fandango’s Provocative Question #194

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

The other night I went to brush my teeth before going to bed and I looked at my toothbrush and saw how frayed it was.

I thought back to the last time I replaced my old toothbrush with a new one and I realized that I couldn’t remember. After brushing my teeth, I wrote myself a reminder to go to the grocery store and purchase a new toothbrush.

That experience led me to this week’s provocative question, which, I admit, is not very productive.

When was the last time you replaced your toothbrush with a new one? Do you have a regular schedule for getting a new toothbrush? Or like me, do you wait until you notice that it’s seriously frayed to start thinking about replacing it?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

35 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #194

1. Carol anne December 14, 2022 / 4:06 am

I replace mine about every six weeks to 3 months! xo

2. Sadje December 14, 2022 / 4:39 am

I get a new toothbrush every month. It’s a simple one, not electric or expensive.

3. newepicauthor December 14, 2022 / 6:18 am

I wouldn’t use that nasty toothbrush to brush my dog’s teeth.

• newepicauthor December 14, 2022 / 8:38 am

I never did and now I don’t have a dog, but that thing belongs in the trash.

• Marleen December 14, 2022 / 9:18 am

I saw a large building with a name indicating it was a dog dentist practice, when I was out shopping yesterday.

4. Paula Light December 14, 2022 / 7:37 am

I wait until mine is a little frayed (not as much as the pic!). I don’t know how often that is…

5. Marleen December 14, 2022 / 9:25 am

I’ve not had a regular schedule for this, but I change toothbrushes before it seems like I should… just because I know I’m supposed to change toothbrushes. I won’t wait until the old one looks dirty or is smashed down or any of that. However, the last toothbrush I bought was an electric. The electrical aspect quit, and I kept using it. It’s the only electric one I’ve ever bought, and I thought it was clunky, so I didn’t want to buy another while I just used it like an ordinary toothbrush at that point. I went for a bi-annual dentist appointment, yesterday, and they gave me a new regular toothbrush as they always do.

6. rugby843 December 14, 2022 / 10:23 am

I replace it often and buy a few at a time in a package😬see how clean they are?😂

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

7. Nope, Not Pam December 14, 2022 / 11:23 am

On Monday. I threw the old one away the day I returned from my holiday 😊

8. bushboy December 14, 2022 / 12:56 pm

I visited the birthplace of the man who invented the toothbrush today

There’s no plaque

9. Marilyn Armstrong December 14, 2022 / 12:56 pm

About every two to three months, but I almost always have a spare brush in the medicine cabinet.

• Fandango December 14, 2022 / 9:58 pm

Yeah, that sounds about right.

• Marilyn Armstrong December 15, 2022 / 2:12 pm

I was told about 2 months is average if you’re using a soft brush which at our age, I think we all are.

10. cagedunn December 14, 2022 / 8:31 pm

When it’s too furry to brush the teeth, it goes into the kitchen to clean the plug hole. Or the laundry, for the same purpose. Or to SO when it’s his turn to clean the join of kitchen floor to cupboard (he can still bend/kneel). Occasionally used for cleaning pots, seeds, or garden implements.
    I don’t use the electrics because they cause the sensitivity of teeth to become worse. Something to do with the vibrations. And I’m a bit tight with money.

• Fandango December 14, 2022 / 10:13 pm

I have used old toothbrushes to clean grout.

• cagedunn December 14, 2022 / 11:34 pm

That, too. Any fiddly little job (like the ceiling exhaust covers).

11. Christine Goodnough December 15, 2022 / 10:02 am

While we lived in Quebec there was an ad running.. Translated: Do you have a cold? Your toothbrush will have one, too.
    An ad to encourage purchasing a new one so you don’t keep putting those germs into your mouth every day — since no one sterilizes toothbrushes..

12. E.M. Kingston December 15, 2022 / 12:42 pm

I have dentures, but I usually have to replace my brush every year. Even though that is just being OCD about it. When I put in the denture cleaner, I leave the brush in the container to get clean too, so unless it breaks down…it lasts quite a while. I have only had one brush fray, and that is because it was generic.

13. leigha66 January 14, 2023 / 7:00 pm

I don’t replace it near as often as I should… probably once or twice a year. Unless I get really sick and they I replace it when I am getting better.

Comments are closed.