Fandango’s Provocative Question #193

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

After ending its daily prompts at the end of May 2018, the brilliant minds at WordPress apparently decided it was time to resurrect it. I’m not sure when they started it again — maybe the beginning of this month — but I haven’t responded to any of them yet. Have you? Are you happy that they’ve brought it back? And no, that is not this week’s provocative question.

But I did see one last week that I thought was a good one and I thought I’d use it for this week’s Fandango’s Provocative Question, which is:

What’s the hardest decision you’ve ever had to make? What made the decision so difficult?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

If you did respond to this question when WordPress posed it, feel free to put a link in the comments below so that others can read it.

39 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #193

1. newepicauthor December 7, 2022 / 5:09 am

I have not heard about the WordPress resurrected daily prompt, but for the most part, I stopped doing one word prompts.

• Fandango December 7, 2022 / 6:59 am

They’re not one word prompts anymore. For example, today’s prompt is “Do you have a favorite place you have visited? Where is it?” They show up on the home page every morning.

• Fandango December 7, 2022 / 1:16 pm

They show up on my Home screen in my WordPress iOS app on my iPhone. I guess someone at WordPress is coming up with them.

2. Taswegian1957 December 7, 2022 / 5:35 am

I’ve only done one of the prompts so far, well two if you count this one. I was a bit annoyed at finding a prompt on my nice blank page at first but on the whole I don’t really mind that the prompts are back in a different form. After all we don’t have to do them. I don’t know why they have started but it’s one of a couple of changes I’ve noticed that are actually a bit more positive for users.

Fandango’s Provocative Question #193

3. Nope, Not Pam December 7, 2022 / 11:25 am

I had no idea they’d resurrected it, and I don’t care in all truth

4. The Autistic Composter December 7, 2022 / 11:31 am

During my life l have had to make many hard decisions, none that l have ever regretted. Although l am heading towards having to make a very hard decision in the next few weeks perhaps a month at most. This is whether l stay as a volunteers with Gazen Salts in the New Year or l don’t. It might not sound like a tough decision but it will be heavily tied up with the Warden’s role that is to be advertised next month.

I applied for it several months ago and was primarily ignored and then suddenly although l would make a good warden they decided that they wanted to try and get an almost David Attenborough style of person for a role that pay £10 per day, with no expenses covered, 7 days a week at 3 hours a day. It’s a big ask and one that l was willing to perform because the job is five minutes away from where l live and l know it after 18 months of volunteer work.

However l feel hurt by the fact that no one bothered to even look at my cv when l first applied. There is a lot attached to this, but l feel l will have to make a tough decision concerning this and it will hurt because l really enjoy the nature reserve – BUT – l am to a degree tired of how they take the piss out of the people that give their time to the charity.

• Fandango December 7, 2022 / 1:25 pm

I can’t seem to find it.

• Fandango December 7, 2022 / 10:29 pm

Ah, that explains why I can’t find it!

5. Paula Light December 7, 2022 / 12:35 pm

My second divorce was a tough decision, and I first considered it in 1996, but I wasn’t working and my girls were so little. In 2001, I began working full time and we soon split up. I was scared though, so we didn’t actually go through with it and bought a new place instead. In 2008, after my mom died, we began living separate lives and he left in 2009 (at my urging) ~ 13 years after I had begun to want a divorce!

6. Paula Light December 7, 2022 / 12:36 pm

I find the new WP prompts vaguely irritating because they appear IN a post until you type over them. But it’s not the hugest deal and there are way more irritating things about WP!

• Fandango December 7, 2022 / 1:28 pm

I haven’t yet tried to respond to one.

• Gr8BigFun December 7, 2022 / 2:21 pm

Guess I should have read your response first Paula. I have the same issue, inserts itself into every single new post I write.

7. Gr8BigFun December 7, 2022 / 2:19 pm

I find the prompt annoying. Every single time I start writing a new post the damned editor inserts the daily prompt as the first paragraph of the new post.

• Fandango December 7, 2022 / 2:39 pm

Yeah, that is pretty annoying.

8. Gr8BigFun December 7, 2022 / 2:23 pm

Getting divorced, was by far the hardest. It was the right decision but even still a very stressful process.

9. ganga1996 December 7, 2022 / 2:25 pm

Until another blogger pointed out I didn’t know that it was a prompt 😀! Maybe better than staring at an empty screen.😀😀

10. rugby843 December 8, 2022 / 11:38 am

I tried leaving a comment,  no luck. I

11. leigha66 January 3, 2023 / 5:54 pm

Asking my husband to move out. It was necessary and made a world of difference in my life, but it was so hard to do, because I still loved him in a lot of ways.

Comments are closed.