Fandango’s Provocative Question #188

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

Let’s have some fun this week. Or what I hope you’ll think is fun. My question is simple. It’s all about favorites. If you were asked to name your absolute favorite in each of the following categories, what would they be:

• Song
  • Musical artist or group
  • Book
  • Author
  • Movie
  • Television show
  • Movie or TV actor (male & female)
  • Stage play or musical
  • Live concert

Remember, I’m looking for your all-time favorite in each of these categories.

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

33 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #188

1. Mister Bump UK November 2, 2022 / 3:04 am

The one thing I learned about “favourite”, it’s impossibvle to restrict the list to a single item. I created a “favourite” Spotify playlist once and it contains about thirty tracks!

2. Sadje November 2, 2022 / 3:27 am

I am so bad at this sort of thing. I can’t name even one favorite actor, there are so many.

• Fandango November 2, 2022 / 12:30 pm

Singer? Actor? Movie? Author? Is he your favorite everything?

3. Marleen November 2, 2022 / 8:44 am

I agree that it’s difficult to pick favorites of most things, especially colors and songs. I don’t have favorites, really, as in one absolute. But it might be fun to play along: Wooden Jesus (by Temple of the Dog) [an anthem for the type of crowd who follow Trump], Juno Reactor, Galatians Re-Imagined (Kahl), Mark Nanos (some of my favorite things by him are papers on his website, if they’re still there, in addition to his books), The Sea Of Trees, Yellowstone, ?/?, I loved going to musicals twice a year at the public high school where my dad taught art… just any of what the kids did there. But I don’t think they did any by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice (my favorite). A Perfect Circle or Ozomatli (I think they were both 2017 while I’d seen Ozomatli before).

• Marleen November 2, 2022 / 10:22 am

I actually saw two of my other favorites live in 2017 (and they were great). So, why were the other two the best? I danced the whole time.

• Marleen November 3, 2022 / 11:13 pm

Andor is a good, new dystopian tale.

• Marleen November 11, 2022 / 5:56 pm

There is someone who has stood out over the years as a major and unique talent. I appreciate this presenter’s appreciation. It’s usually difficult for me to fully access this more blissful headspace (whereas it was easier when I was less disaffected, younger, when it was normal and easy to be naive… while I’m sure the musician wasn’t naive): Pat Metheny

Breaking Down Pat Metheny & Lyle Mays Most Beautiful Song