Di (aka Pensitivity101) and Melanie (Sparks From a Combustible Mind) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. This week it’s Di’s turn and she is recycling some questions from Teresa Grabs (aka The Haunted Wordsmith), who originated Fibbing Friday.
1. Jonah wasn’t swallowed by a whale…he was swallowed by a ____. Jonah and his local coffee shop were swallowed up by Starbucks.
2. Who (or what) could make even the fiercest pirate quake in his boots? A category 5 hurricane.
3. What did Huckleberry Finn have to really paint? Kids’ faces at the local county fair.
4. What is the best food that can be paired with red wine? Ben & Jerry’s Stephen Colbert’s Americone Dream ice cream.
5. What’s the best thing to wear in the sun? Nothing … if you want to get that healthy glow of an all-over tan.
6. Why do dogs chase after cars? Because they’re bored. The dogs are bored, not the cars. Although most cars are pretty boring.
7. What did the cat say to its kitten about the humans? Play your cards right, kiddo, and they’ll treat you like you’re a god.
8. Goldfish are not fish. What are they? Snack crackers.
9. What would you rather do instead of sleeping? Chase cars with my dog.
10. The Phantom didn’t haunt the Opera House…he haunted ____. My nightmares as a kid.