TMP — Two Peeves

Every Monday, Paula Light, with her The Monday Peeve prompt, gives us an opportunity to vent or rant about something that pisses us off. I actually have two peeves to share with you today.

Peeve #1

On October 1st I received my first Christmas catalog in the mail. I believe it was from Frontline, but I may be mistaken. This first Christmas catalog arrived two and three quarter months before Christmas. Since then, I’ve have been getting at least three Christmas catalogs a day in the mail. What a waste of paper, of ink, and of the backs of the mail carriers. C’mon, sellers. I have a computer. I have a smartphone with internet access. I buy almost everything except groceries online. I don’t need or want your freakin’ Christmas catalogs that go directly from my mailbox to my recycle bin. They do not pass go; they do not collect $200. STOP SENDING ME CHRISTMAS CATALOGS.

Peeve #2

It’s been six months since I was fitted with hearing aids. The audiologist said it would take three to four months for my brain to acclimate to hearing through hearing aids. And he was right. What he didn’t tell me was that once my brain acclimated to hearing with hearings aids, hearing without hearing aids would be much worse.

I generally don’t put my hearing aids on until after I shower and get dressed. As a retiree, that might not be until 9 or 10 in the morning. And that means that when my wife is talking to me in the early morning, most of what she says is muffled beyond recognition. Well, at least until she yells at me to “go put on your fucking hearing aids.” That I can hear.

26 thoughts on “TMP — Two Peeves

1. writerravenclaw October 10, 2022 / 10:42 am

My hubby also has hearing aids, and that’s exactly what I say to him. Although I am slightly deaf (I think) and when he speaks to me, I haven’t heard a word he has said, especially when he is behind me.

2. rugby843 October 10, 2022 / 10:57 am

I sympathize with the suds. I haven’t had them yet but know it’s coming because I am immortal after all.😂

3. Paula Light October 10, 2022 / 12:28 pm

My mailbox is now crammed with garbage from politicians every day. Do they really think anyone votes based on their annoying ads? We all just stuff it unread into the recycling box 😡😡😡

4. Melanie B Cee October 10, 2022 / 2:27 pm

Save the trees, the ink, and the mailcarriers’ backs (although my own up here? Couldn’t find their own asshole with lube and a stick, stupid mo/fo that they are). I’m sick of the endless junk mail too. Why hasn’t someone used that as a platform to get elected? Oh right. The same reason we continue on and on with Daylight Savings Time. Archaic old fools make the laws, although they haven’t been in touch with their constituents nor even planet Earth since Christ was in diapers.

5. donmatthewspoetry October 10, 2022 / 3:30 pm

We have a ‘No advertising mail accepted’ sticker on our letterbox. Works a treat. Can’t you get one of these? By law we still have to get election things……

6. Sadje October 10, 2022 / 6:32 pm

I agree with you about the catalogs. Why do they waste so much paper when no one needs them.

7. Nope, Not Pam October 11, 2022 / 3:10 am

I’ve been ordering all my advent calendars this last week, and tomorrow I’m putting up my ad for pet portraits, so I am part of the problem 😂

8. RuthScribbles October 11, 2022 / 4:28 am

Agree on catalogs, though I get them all year long…. And AMAZON? Really?!

Oy about heating aids!!

9. Carol anne October 11, 2022 / 2:21 pm

Christmas catalogues? Wow!
    These companies sending them are very eager!
    Lol about the hearing aids!

10. leigha66 October 16, 2022 / 9:51 pm

I feel so out of the loop… I haven’t gotten a single Christmas catalog yet (thankfully!).