Who Won The Week — 09/11/22

The idea behind Who Won the Week is to give you the opportunity to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

This week’s recipient of Who Won the Week is Prince Charles, now known as King Charles III.

First, let me say that I am neither fan nor foe of the British monarchy. And let me also offer my condolences to the family and fans on the death of Queen Elizabeth. But now it’s Charles’ turn.

Charles is taking the British throne at a difficult time for the monarchy and he’s got big shoes to fill, metaphorically speaking, of course. I don’t know what size shoes his mother wore.

But I digress. I wish him luck in his role as King. It will be interesting to see if he’ll be able to hold the monarchy together.

So who (or what) do you think won the week?

If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

14 thoughts on “Who Won The Week — 09/11/22

1. Marilyn Armstrong September 11, 2022 / 3:15 pm

Charles is, I hear, a passionate believer in climate change and related issues so hopefully, he’ll keep that and maybe help guide the Brits to do their best.

2. Marleen September 11, 2022 / 4:13 pm

His mother won, too, with the lovely picture of her exuberance two days before. And it has been enlightening to learn that she apparently loved being in Scotland.

• Marleen September 12, 2022 / 1:09 pm

Another winner, in my eyes, is Ali Velshi on MSNBC; he, amongst all the unquestioning positivity, stated (over the weekend) that not everyone across the world is mourning. He received a tongue-lashing for that, from a guest who is a public intellectual, a Royals writer, or some kind of official. But Ali pushed back, asking if this man was really denying questionable history.

Here is a deeper dive into part of the subject matter, from a different news source:

#DemocracyNow

Dismantle the Commonwealth: Queen Elizabeth’s Death Prompts Reckoning with Colonial Past in Africa · 6 hours ago

3. Sadje September 11, 2022 / 5:11 pm

I never liked Charles as an individual. Let’s hope he proves to be a good king.

4. Lolsy's Library September 11, 2022 / 9:17 pm

I am also neither friend or foe, but I am curious too see what happens. As a Prince, he’s been able to see a bit more of the public without the strain of being head Monarchy. I am curious.

• Fandango September 11, 2022 / 10:25 pm

I, too, am curious about how he will perform in that role.

5. Nope, Not Pam September 12, 2022 / 4:29 am

I think we’ll be surprised with what comes next

6. pensitivity101 September 12, 2022 / 11:56 am

The Queen will be a hard act to follow and there are likely to be a lot of changes under his reign.

7. JT Twissel September 12, 2022 / 2:02 pm

I think the corgis and marmalade sandwiches clearly won the week!

8. Carol anne September 18, 2022 / 1:05 am

I agree, he has big shoes to fill! Wonder if he can hold the monarchy together? xo