Fandango’s Provocative Question #181

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

It seems to me that a lot of people I talk with are not happy campers. Whether it’s due to an excessive heat wave, a severe drought, or raging wildfires — all of which we’re experiencing in my neck of the woods — or torrential rains, downpours, flooding, and flash floods in other parts of the country, people are upset.

And then there’s politics, where everyone has issues, no matter what side of the aisle you sit on. Social issues, ranging from abortion rights, LGBT rights, book bannings in schools, critical race theory, whitewashing history, antisemitism, FBI raids on Mar-a-Largo, or whatever, people are at each other’s throats.

Or maybe it’s just a general malaise people are feeling that things just aren’t the way we’d like them to be.

What I want to know is this…

How are you doing? Seriously, are you okay? Feeling good? Just okay? Not so great? Why do you think you’re feeling the way you are?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

41 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #181

1. Astrid September 7, 2022 / 3:35 am

Honestly, I’m doing pretty well. I try not to let politics affect my mood and the weather (mostly dry and warm, though we did have a thunderstorm last night) is actually having a positive effect on me. I do worry about the future of healthcare in particular, but that’s mostly beyond my control anyway. I mean, I just received an invite to the national Eye Congress (for people with eye conditions), on which an addiction specialist will be speaking about our need to consume less (junk food, alcohol, etc.) in order to cut down on healthcare costs. While in general I understand his sentiment, I hardly understand what this has to do with ophthalmology and I feel it’s also unfairly laying the burden of the health crisis on the individual. But anyway, I’m not going to the congress and trying to let it roll off my back.

2. Nope, Not Pam September 7, 2022 / 4:25 am

I’m depressed. I was told on the weekend that I’m going blind. I’m 51, so it’s not exactly what I was expecting to hear

• Fandango September 7, 2022 / 3:14 pm

Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that. Glaucoma?

• Nope, Not Pam September 7, 2022 / 3:19 pm

Not exactly, but still damaged from long-term diabetes. My doctor tells me not to panic, they might be able to stabilise the condition

3. Lolsy's Library September 7, 2022 / 5:16 am

I was just thinking about this today. I am doing alright (thanks for asking). I was thinking about when I come off of here, or off of some social media site. The world keeps going. If you were too read my blogs or my SM accounts, you’d think I was quiet upset all the time. I’m truly really happy though, lol. Like I keep being proven right lately, which always makes people feel good. I’m just mad with the world really, and I can’t control it, lol
    Great question!

4. rugby843 September 7, 2022 / 9:16 am

I am okay. I try not to view the news because it is depressing but can seem to ignore it. I know I will feel much better when Trump is sitting in jail.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Marilyn Armstrong September 7, 2022 / 2:40 pm

Great to have someone ask the question who also wants an answer. Most people don’t WANT an answer.

• Fandango September 7, 2022 / 8:54 pm

I know. It’s such a throwaway question most of the time, isn’t it?

6. CARAMEL September 7, 2022 / 2:40 pm

I am ok, but I am worried about how other people are coping with an array of issues.

• Fandango September 7, 2022 / 8:55 pm

I think a lot of us are having trouble coping.

7. cagedunn September 7, 2022 / 6:21 pm

It’s a tough question, one that has different answers every minute. I’ll bow out of this one, but I’ll make sure I ask the question of everyone I meet today. That way, I’ll be part of a moment in someone’s life. A brief interlude of interaction.

• Fandango September 7, 2022 / 9:12 pm

I wonder how many times when you ask the question, the answer you’ll get will be “fine.”

• cagedunn September 7, 2022 / 9:16 pm

That’s not an answer I accept. There’s always a question that will bring out more, even if it’s drip by drip.
        Example: “I don’t understand ‘fine’ – how bad is your definition of it?”
        Usually gets one of two responses – a guffaw, or a puppy-dog eyes look followed by a few more words.

• Fandango September 7, 2022 / 9:57 pm

Good for you, Cage, for not accepting “fine” as an answer and just moving on!

8. leigha66 September 14, 2022 / 2:59 pm

I am getting by… be better in November when I have a visitor from out of state drop in!