Truthful Tuesday — Celebrities

Di, host of Pensivity101, is once again standing in for Melanie, of Sparks from a Combustible Mind, for today’s Truthful Tuesday prompt. This week Di is asking about celebrities. She wants to know…

How do you feel about ‘celebrities’ getting their fizogs in the press all the time, despite having said they want privacy then still crave for attention, can’t seem to make the headlines without getting their kit off, or basically aren’t happy unless they are slagging someone off.

First, I needed to break out my British English to American English translation dictionary to understand what Di meant by:

• Getting their fizogs
  • Getting their kit off
  • Slagging someone off

So, if I can translate Di’s question to something I understand, here’s what I think she’s actually asking…

How do you feel about ‘celebrities’ getting their faces in the press all the time, despite having said they want privacy then still crave for attention, can’t seem to make the headlines without taking off their clothes, or basically aren’t happy unless they are harshly criticizing someone.

Personally, I don’t closely follow any “celebrities” in the press, although I imagine that, as celebrities, they would want to keep their names and faces in the limelight. After all, isn’t being highly visible the essence of celebrity?

That said, I don’t know or care about any of them disrobing for headlines, and I am not aware of, nor do I care about, who they may be dissing or denigrating at any point in time.

So, bottom line, I don’t feel much about celebrities or what celebrities do one way or the other. If they are actors or musicians or singers or authors or whatever kind of celebrities they may be, the only thing I care about is the quality of their work.

Now, if you ask me about politicians…. Well, on second thought, don’t ask me about politicians.

10 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Celebrities

1. Sadje September 6, 2022 / 6:43 am

My thoughts exactly. Though I’m not bothered about politicians too.

2. Paula Light September 6, 2022 / 7:15 am

Hah, same. Politicians actually affect our lives (usually negatively), so it’s important to keep up with their stupid shenanigans. Celebs… not so much. Of course celebs are going to do/wear/say wild stuff to stay in the headlines. God forbid we should forget their existence…

3. pensitivity101 September 6, 2022 / 7:27 am

Liked your answer Fandango. Thanks for the support again for one of Melanie’s challenges.

4. Carol anne September 6, 2022 / 7:58 am

I dont care about celebs either! I am not a follower of them! I sometimes hear stuff on the news, but I have little interest in any of it!

5. JT Twissel September 6, 2022 / 10:29 am

I could care less about most entertainers and the ones I do care about tend to stay out of the limelight.

6. Craig Ardolino September 6, 2022 / 3:35 pm

Hmmm. This is difficult for me…. I would never want to be super famous like Michael Jackson or Britney Spears. But back in my youth, I was an ice skater for the Ice Capades and Disney on Ice. The feeling of having thousands of people applauding me was so amazing, additive, and exhilarating! I worked hard to be what I became until my accident ruined my career. But today? I don’t know. It’s more about what you can do to make headlines and a lot less about what your talent is. I was always about my passion for the ice, of knowing the show must go on, of giving everything I had to the deepest core of my being. While today it’s about flesh and anti-social standards to get you on top. Maybe I’m just a bitter old guy now, but it’s how I feel about a lot of today’s “talent.”

• Fandango September 6, 2022 / 4:09 pm

I’m sorry about your accident that sidetracked your career.

• Craig Ardolino September 6, 2022 / 4:14 pm

Thank you. But I think I am a much better, kinder person now then what I may have been.

7. leigha66 September 14, 2022 / 9:45 am

Thanks for the translation… I was rather confused when I read the prompt the first time.