Toe the Line

Yes, these are my toes. I hope this photo isn’t grossing you out too much.

Notice a few things about my toes:

• My second toe is slightly longer than my big toe
  • There is a gap between my big toe and the second toe
  • I could really use a pedicure

Are your toes anything like mine? Which toe is longer, your big toe or the one next to it? Is there a gap between those two toes? Do you get regular pedicures?

So here’s what I want you to do if you dare! Take a photo of your toes on one foot (or both, if you want to) and post it on your blog. Then tell us something interesting about your toes.

Go ahead. I dare you!

40 thoughts on “Toe the Line

1. newepicauthor August 30, 2022 / 10:41 am

As a result of me being a diabetic, I go to the foot doctor every 9 weeks, and she clips my toenails and checks out my feet.

2. Gypsie-Ami Offenbacher-Ferris August 30, 2022 / 11:12 am

Fandango, I have read that the one toe longer denotes Native American heritage. Not sure if that’s accurate. Also that a gap between the toes, means your lineage is not far removed from the Great Apes. Honest! Would I lie? 😇

• Fandango August 30, 2022 / 1:17 pm

Well, according to 23 & Me, I have no Native American blood in my DNA, but I do have a touch of Neanderthal. 🤨

3. Marleen August 30, 2022 / 11:49 am

My toes taper smoothly from the big toes to the pinkie toes. The second toes are only slightly shorter* than the big toes, compared to the difference from each toe to the next after that. There is not space between the two longest toes, but they don’t squish together either (none do). The fourth-positioned toes curve slightly, like apostrophes or commas.

My nails are nicely trimmed. (Sometimes, they get longer but are clean.) The previous time I trimmed them, I accidentally cut into one of the nail beds. To keep from snagging that on my sheets or anything, I put nail polishing (most handy was a copper metallic) over it and waited weeks. It all healed up nicely. I like not wearing polish on my healthy toenails.

I learned from a soccer parent who did nails for people that constantly keeping nails painted can make them unhealthy.

*If I wear heals, these two next to each other (on each foot) are even… and the second toes can extend farther than the big toes.

The right big toe has a fading bruise from my having dropped my cellphone. That was about a sixth of the nail but is almost gone.

[Okay, this has been a nice exercise in requiring my covid brain to concentrate on clear wording about something ordinary. Nice topic.]

4. Nope, Not Pam August 30, 2022 / 1:06 pm

I’m not going to terrorise WP like that

5. Lou Carreras August 30, 2022 / 2:16 pm

Fandango…somethings are just best left in the dark, and not revealed. The truth may be more than the world is ready for.

6. bushboy August 30, 2022 / 3:12 pm

Nice try to get your foot fetish fix Fandango 🦶🦶😂

7. cagedunn August 30, 2022 / 5:30 pm

My second toe is the same length as the big toe, and I used to do hand and foot modelling – they’re a bit older and wiser now, and a few knocks and scars have taken them out of that sphere!
    Such fun to look at the things most people don’t want to see – loved the post.

• cagedunn August 30, 2022 / 9:26 pm

My phone doesn’t have a camera, and I’m not going to beg my neighbours to take pics of my naked toes! You’ll just have to use your imagination …

8. donmatthewspoetry August 30, 2022 / 8:47 pm

I swear I saw a hint of nail polish….I could be mistaken

Oh oh you’re not going to like what I just read Fan…..The Journal of Twisted Tooties states “It’s widely believed that a longer second toe is associated with being ill tempered and it’s recommended to keep one’s emotions in check”. I kid you not

• Fandango August 30, 2022 / 9:42 pm

1. No polish on my tootsies
      2. I have been a bit I’ll-tempered of late. Must be in my genes.

9. Irene September 1, 2022 / 7:17 am

Classic ballerinas go on tip toes to resemble footless, ethereal beings; I wish that could be the case for all human feet, I really do not like feet very much. Because of that, and also since my blog is mostly about cooking and gardening, I think I will sit this one out (pun intended, hehe.)

10. leigha66 September 9, 2022 / 12:07 am

The world does not need to see my toes… after all the big ones on both feet are lacking nails.

• leigha66 September 11, 2022 / 12:16 pm

Basically chemo made them grow weird until they were just too painful to keep.