FOWC with Fandango — Casualty

FOWC

It’s August 25, 2022. Welcome to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (U.S.).

Today’s word is “casualty.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Please check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. Show them some love.

32 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Casualty

1. Rall August 25, 2022 / 2:10 am

Darlinghurst nightclub bans patrons from ‘staring at someone’ without
    prior ‘verbal consent’ at popular Sydney venue

casualty
    of woke pc insanity
    it’s official
    the world has gone mad !
    keep eyes lowered
    or hand out consent forms to be signed
    there was a time
    wandering eyes
    were not confused with
    wandering hands
    helas
    no longer

• Rall August 25, 2022 / 2:14 am

The look of love is in your eyes….Tsk sorry Dusty Springfield….you’re out of order !

• Rall August 25, 2022 / 5:25 am

Insanity ! ….heard about it on the news this evening. If you ever come to Sydney and I run into you in a bar, know that you have my written and verbal consent to stare at me for as long as you want….

• Rall August 25, 2022 / 5:32 am

There are conditions….no breaking out into Franki Valli or Dusty Springfield songs or anything operatic….and the drinks must keep coming for the duration of the staring.

• Marleen August 25, 2022 / 5:17 am

That’s a head-scratcher, in a variety of ways.

• donmatthewspoetry August 25, 2022 / 4:37 am

I thought you were going to say due to a casualty I am not able to make a comment today Fandango. Sorry

• bushboy August 25, 2022 / 5:24 am

One picture is worth a thousand words or maybe fifteen or so 🙂

2. donmatthewspoetry August 25, 2022 / 4:51 am

ODE TO CASUALTY

My brain’s become a casualty
    (Gone and blown a fuse)
    Result of poet work-too-hard
    Aka overuse

Think my brain’s trying to tell me something Fan?……

3. Marleen August 25, 2022 / 5:07 am

One of the health-related and usually (over the two-plus past years) covid-specific YouTube channels I’ve been watching has begun bringing in other topics (as have more than one actually). An example has been Polio. Another, now, is depression; about ten days ago. Being reported is a new finding, by some research in the medical field, that they have determined the long-asserted supposed fact was wrong — about depression being a seratonin reuptake issue. Subsequently, that person (a nursing teacher with a PhD) has additionally put out a video indicating some new thereapies that are coming into favor. As the inability to treat depression sometimes leads to suicide (and there have been warnings of some individuals being more likely to follow through on that with some of the drugs that have been prescribed), it’s good news professionals are allowing new directions in treatment and study. Below, I have a link for a channel I haven’t listened to before this one video. It’s possible that something that hadn’t been “approved” yet “11 months ago” is now approved.

New Hope and New Treatments for Depression: TMS, Ketamine, and Psychedelics · 11 months ago

• Marleen August 25, 2022 / 5:24 am

No thanks, autocorrect: news professionals are allowing new

I typed that in as “now” [not news] professionals are …

(Perhaps a different configuration of grammar would’ve been better, but I prefer the meaning not be screwed up.)