Share Your World — 08/22/2022

Share Your World

Di (Pensitivity101) is still pinch hitting for Melanie (Sparks From a Combustible Mind) for the Share Your World prompt. So let’s just jump right in.

1. Do you have family photographs on display in your main living room?

We have a few family photos in our living/family room, but most family photos adorn the walls on both sides of the hall that runs from the kitchen/living room/dining room (open concept) back to the bedrooms wing of the house.

2. What was the best vehicle you owned?
This could be a pushbike as a kid, your first car, a motor cycle, or something else.

I’ve had so, so many cars in my lifetime, but I’d say that my favorite was a 1967 Austin Healey Mk III roadster exactly like the one pictured below. I loved that car!

3. Did you pass your driving test first time?

I passed my regular driver’s licence test (written and road test) the first time. However, while I passed the written part of my motorcycle licence test the first time, I failed the motorcycle road test when I wiped out riding the traffic cone course. It was a mortifying experience. If you’re at all interested, you can read about it here in a post I wrote last year at this time.

4. Does loud music from a neighbor or passing cars annoy you?

Yes it does. And I’m hard of hearing! Why people have to turn the volume up to eleven when they’re listening to music is beyond me. When it’s that loud, it comes out mostly as distorted noise.

Gratitude question: What has made you smile over the last seven days?

To be honest, not much. 🙁

25 thoughts on “Share Your World — 08/22/2022

1. pensitivity101 August 22, 2022 / 6:23 am

Thanks for joining in Fandango. Shame not much has made you smile this week. How’s the new dog settling in now?

• Fandango August 22, 2022 / 11:05 pm

The new dog has trained us very well. 😂

• mosckerr August 23, 2022 / 2:04 am

Obozo the clown, and Kerry the Court Jester, passed UN 2334 which condemned Israeli settlements in Samaria as impediments to peace. As if the UN has a direct interest in determining peace between enemies? Sell that canard to the Koreans!

UN 2334 directly condemns Israeli settlement of its own recaptured territories. UN 2334 prejudged diplomatic issues against Jewish negotiators. Hardly a non biased “Neutral Party” go between! This UN Resolution compares to the bias of UN Resolution: “Zionism is Racism”. UN biased attempts to undermine the Jewish state have defined the UN as corrupt.

It now supports the BDS Arab boycott of Israel! This disgraced UN body justifies attempts to force Israel to permanently leave the UN. Attempts by foreign governments to dictate “land for peace” terms upon Israel, perhaps best summed up in the UN speech made by Samantha Power, where that political whore attempted to justify the insane Obozo doctrine: that the US determines, not Israel, the borders of the Jewish state.

As if Israel existed as but a mere Banana Republic political pawn of the Pax American Empire! The incompetence of Obozo, only matched by Hillary’s loss to President Trump in the 2016 Presidential elections. That election: hers to lose, and she did ב”ה.

Had Hillary won, she would have probably continued the Obozo foreign policy which promotes the Arab Spring wherein US 52’s bomb countries, like Libya, out of existence. Based upon the precedent set by the fool Court Jester John Kerry. The idiot who lectured Congress about its illegal conversion of southern Vietnam into a Banana Republic of the US empire.

2. Sadje August 22, 2022 / 6:45 am

I hate it when the vehicle next to me is vibrating with sound and all the windows are down.

3. Leyde Ryan August 22, 2022 / 7:06 am

PS: and it’s a mystery to me, why being hard of hearing doesn’t muffle the noise…it just aggravates the heck out of me.

4. Mister Bump UK August 22, 2022 / 8:48 am

Did you know they were making Austin Healeys again? Well, dunno about since covid, but about twenty years ago some company looked at reviving them. They kept the famous shape etc but not it was all modern parts and fibreglass. Bit like a TVR. I ummerd and erred about getting one but opted for a 911 instead. I figured with any niche car they have you over a barrel for things like servicing.

• Mister Bump UK August 22, 2022 / 12:13 pm

sebring, apparently. I also read that there was a us mfr out of Fl I think.
        I remember getting info through the post so this was before the internet was widespread.
        Berautiful cars but their performance wasn’t so good (the replicas).

5. Marleen August 22, 2022 / 2:10 pm

My car has pretty good sound insulation, compared to some others. I find that 11 is pretty quiet. But I suppose you are speaking of a scale from 1-10.

6. Marilyn Armstrong August 23, 2022 / 1:34 pm

Those and the MG Midget were my two favorites, although when Miata came out with their very retro car, I REALLY REALLY wanted one. The problem was it didn’t have a back seat OR a truck. There was nowhere to put groceries or a dog. I wasn’t even sure I could fit m camera back and a tripod in it. Those cars are wonderful when you either have another car for “real life,” or you don’t have a real life. If you’ve got dogs and kids and shopping and all that day-to-day stuff, they are completely impractical. By the time you’re retired and could probably have it as the “extra” car, you can’t get in or out of it without a sky hook.

• Fandango August 23, 2022 / 3:08 pm

“By the time you’re retired and could probably have it as the ‘extra’ car, you can’t get in or out of it without a sky hook.” Ain’t that the truth!🤔