Di (aka Pensitivity101) and Melanie (Sparks From a Combustible Mind) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. This week Di is back and she gives us some words to define.
1. What is a broom? A broom is the short term used in classified ads for “bedrooms,” as in, For rent: 3 broom, 2 bath apartment.
2. What is a doughnut? One of two testicles belonging to the Pillsbury Doughboy.
3. What is a penny farthing? It’s a competition to see who can take a penny and skim it across the surface of a lake the farthest.
4. What is a blanket? It’s another name for a blank check.
5. What is a socket? A small sock.
6. What is tapestry? It’s when you are running in a relay race and try to tap the next runner in order to pass him or her the baton.
7. What is e-mail? The opposite gender of a fe-mail.
8. What is a shower? It’s a sweaty feeling someone gets when they attempt to quickly climb up the steps of a tall and narrow structure.
9. What is a sandbag? It’s a woman’s handbag, but with a handle in the shape of the letter S, enabling it to be hooked onto the belt, thus offering a hands-free handbag experience.
10. What is chocolate? Flavored, edible chalk.