FOWC with Fandango — Languish

FOWC

It’s August 12, 2022. Welcome to Fandango’s One-Word Challenge (aka, FOWC). I will be posting each day’s word just after midnight Pacific Time (U.S.).

Today’s word is “languish.”

Write a post using that word. It can be prose, poetry, fiction, non-fiction. It can be any length. It can be just a picture or a drawing if you want. No holds barred, so to speak.

Once you are done, tag your post with #FOWC and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Please check to confirm that your pingback is there. If not, please manually add your link in the comments.

And be sure to read the posts of other bloggers who respond to this prompt. Show them some love.

30 thoughts on “FOWC with Fandango — Languish

1. Pingback: #FOWC – Languish
  2. donmatthewspoetry August 12, 2022 / 3:33 am

ODE TO LANGUISH

In prison I now languish
    Why did you pick on me?
    I tried to do the right thing
    When President I be

Losing I accepted
    Flew down to Mar-ago
    Why did you then go pick on me
    Pick on me as faux?

Three cheers for US Justice Fan……

Democracy next?……

3. Rall August 12, 2022 / 3:54 am

should i i languish
    in bed
    this wintry weekend
    watching feel good movies
    eating banana cake
    or
    should i clean the house
    do piles of laundry
    and clean out the fridge
    decisions
    decisions

• Rall August 12, 2022 / 4:20 am

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.
      Theodore Roosevelt

• Rall August 12, 2022 / 6:16 pm

.Because you are such a charmer….OK then !

I cant reply on your blog.So here is the comment I left.. Arse is one of the finest Anglo Saxon words in the English language …nice to see it used correctly. The donkey substitute does not have the same impact

• Mister Bump UK August 12, 2022 / 10:45 pm

Incidentally, WP has kicked me out of a lot of the sites that I used to access (including Fandango’s iirc) and I had to re-login to like and comment.

The only thing I stipulate on my site is that contributors need to be logged into WP… after all presumably all of us are WP.COM users?

They’ve done this a few times recently and it is pissing me off although it is only one step and a pre-filled form to log back in.

• Fandango August 12, 2022 / 11:07 pm

I can’t comment when I visit your site because WordPress won’t let me log in using my iPhone app when bloggers require being logged into WP to make a comment. I can only comment on your posts if I comment using the Reader. And it’s not just your blog, either. It’s frustrating.

• Mister Bump UK August 13, 2022 / 1:49 am

y it’s nonsense. I also see funnies not just with commenting but with liking when I use their Android app, which is due to authentication. I have to open things in a web broswer. The only platform everything seems to work is PC/web site.

• Rall August 13, 2022 / 1:14 am

I am not a wordpress user…. I can leave comments on here so no worries !

• Mister Bump UK August 13, 2022 / 1:23 am

We all set up different levels of moderation for our sites. Some people manually approve every comment. I insist on WP users, at least, to avoid spam comments. At least if someone leaves a comment on my blog, it is traceable.

• Marleen August 12, 2022 / 3:07 pm

They keep updating this article. Both the first half and second have changed substantially. But I’m just going to share the second half, showing the transformation.

Excerpting the second half:
      The big picture: Rushdie spent nearly a decade in hiding after he faced death threats and a bounty for his murder from the Iranian government in the late 1980s.

In 1989, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini of Iran called for Rushdie’s death and put a bounty of more than $3 million on his head over his book “The Satanic Verses,” which was inspired by the life of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.

Rushdie spent nine years in hiding under a British government protection program.

Many Muslims consider the book to be blasphemous, and it has been banned in several countries.

The attack comes just days after the Department of Justice unsealed charges against an Iranian operative for allegedly plotting to assassinate former Trump national security adviser John Bolton.

The institution in Chautauqua, New York, about 55 miles southwest of Buffalo, is known for hosting literary events in the summer.

Rushdie was scheduled to appear alongside Henry Reese, the co-founder of City of Asylum, a Pittsburgh nonprofit that calls itself “the largest residency program in the world for writers living in exile under threat of persecution.”

[Two links are included in this portion, now, of the article.]

Go deeper: DOJ charges Iranian national in alleged plot to assassinate John Bolton [link]

• Rall August 12, 2022 / 8:03 pm

Terrible terrible news….guess there is no expiry date on a fatwa !