13 thoughts on “MLMM Photo Challenge — Cast a Long Shadow

1. Nicole Horlings August 10, 2022 / 8:53 am

When short girls feel tall (with or without heels) they get so excited. Not a personal experience (I’m on the other side of the spectrum) but I have some shorter friends. Great stuff.

2. Marleen August 11, 2022 / 2:46 pm

My mother occasionally lets a feeling of inferiority slip out concerning her height even though, for the most part, she always seemed fully satisfied with how cute she was. Beyond “satisfied” toward arrogant, actually. Almost fully satisfied — she couldn’t always get the size shoe she needed in the ones she liked best. I don’t know if her feet, like most, have spread a half size or so by now. She wore a four-and-a-half. [This is speaking of when she shopped at the top department stores and specialty shops in town. Now, although she can still afford to do what she used to do and still cares how she looks… she prefers cheap footwear that looks decent, and can buy girls’ selections.] I’m at the high end of average or slightly above average (depending upon what chart you look at) and haven’t felt short, but enjoyed some platform thong sandals I found that put me more face-to-face with my sons who are inches to almost half a foot taller than my dad was as well as one who is the same height my dad was (six feet) when they were first reaching those heights.

3. leigha66 August 14, 2022 / 9:49 pm

My mom was short at just 5 foot. I am certain before she died she had to have shrunk a good two inches. I am not far off at just 5 foot 3 inches. Us short gals appreciate any extra height we can get!

• Fandango August 14, 2022 / 10:16 pm

My mother was around 5 feet also and my father was only about 5’4. Somehow I managed to reach 6’1, although I’ve lost a couple of inches as I aged.

• leigha66 August 15, 2022 / 3:09 pm

There was apparently someone tall in your ancestry.

• Marleen August 17, 2022 / 12:02 pm

My husband (when he wasn’t my husband, yet) lied to me about his height! He said he was 5’11” — he let slip in the past month or so that he was more like 5’10” or maybe a half-inch more than that then and 5’10” now.