Anybody Heard From Sparky?

Melanie, at Sparks From a Combustible Mind, is MIA. She usually posts daily, including on Mondays, with her weekly Share Your World prompt. But today is Monday and there’s no SYW post. Not yet, anyway.

As far as I can tell, her last post was this past Friday, 8/5. And she comments on many of my posts, but the last comment I received from her was on 8/3.

Did she mention to anyone that she was taking a short break? Has anyone heard from her? I hope she’s okay.

Melanie, if you’re reading this, say hello. Please!

25 thoughts on “Anybody Heard From Sparky?

1. pensitivity101 August 8, 2022 / 12:37 pm

I’m concerned too Fandango and have been checking her site in case it hadn’t come into my reader.
    I wondered if maybe she’s scheduled it and the timing was off/ I haven’t heard from her since Saturday.

2. Marleen August 8, 2022 / 12:49 pm

Get well soon, Melanie! I’m guessing.

3. Paula Light August 8, 2022 / 12:52 pm

Wondering here too, and I have checked her site as Di did. Hope she’s ok!

4. Marilyn Armstrong August 8, 2022 / 1:16 pm

I was just looking for her posts. WordPress’s servers have been down, but not for days at a time. I’ll try her private email.

5. Marilyn Armstrong August 8, 2022 / 1:24 pm

I sent her a private email, but as far as I can tell, she has been quiet since Friday. No new posts since 8/5.

6. J-Dub August 8, 2022 / 4:32 pm

I haven’t and I was worried. Hope she’s okay.

7. Sadje August 8, 2022 / 6:01 pm

I was wondering the same. It’s not like her to just not show up. I hope she is well.

8. Taswegian1957 August 8, 2022 / 7:20 pm

Me too. I noticed it had been 3 days since she posted when I went to see if SYW was up last night my time. I sent her an email too but so far no reply. Hope she is OK.

9. Taswegian1957 August 8, 2022 / 7:45 pm

I just checked my email and had a reply from her to say she was in hospital. She says Di has details and she is happy for her to share them. So at least we know where she is and that she is being looked after.

• Fandango August 8, 2022 / 8:08 pm

Thanks for the update. I’m sorry she’s in the hospital, but as you said, at least she’s being cared for!

• Sadje August 9, 2022 / 12:13 am

Good to have news of Melanie. Sending her healing thoughts.

10. pensitivity101 August 9, 2022 / 6:10 am

Have done a short post Fandango and will be hosting SYW and Truthful Tuesday until she’s back on her feet.

11. jollyllamas August 27, 2022 / 2:10 pm

Hi All,
    I’m a friend and neighbor of Melanie’s. She asked me to let you know that she is home recovering from some medical issues. She is really weak, but once she gets her strength back, she will be blogging again. Thanks for thinking of her. ❤
    Best regards,