Di (aka Pensitivity101) and Melanie (Sparks From a Combustible Mind) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. This week is Melanie’s turn and she gives us some words to define.
1. What is an abbozzo? A clown 🤡
2. What does it mean to absquatulate? To divide a number by itself.
3. What is a biggin? The opposite of an endin.
4. What is a daedalist? A list of coffins maintained by a funeral director.
5. What is gamophobia? A fear of gramophones.
6. What is a holm? A type of apple.
7. What is jettatura? A model of Volkswagen.
8. What is a keffel? The waterproof lining of a duffle bag.
9. What is meant by labtebricole? A pastry made with Brie cheese and raspberry preserves.
10. What is a lacuna? A freshwater fish found in the Great Lakes.