Share Your World — 08/01/2022

Share Your World

I can’t believe that it’s already August. Yikes. Well, life moves on, right? Thus, it’s time for another of edition of Melanie’s Share Your World.

Do you ever feel more excited about getting the package in the mail, rather than the item that’s in it?

It’s what’s inside that counts. Just like with people.

What is the difference between your ideal self and your real self? (i.e. what attribute or physical feature would allow to you feel the ideal ‘you’?)

I’ve reached the age where my real self and my ideal self have reconciled. Maybe I’ve lowered my expectations of who my ideal self should be, but I am who I am and I am satisfied with who that is.

If you found $2,000 on the ground and there were no witnesses, what would you do with it?

That depends. Was the $2,000 in an envelope with no writing on it or just a wad of bills with a rubber band wrapped around it? If so, I’d pocket it. But if it was in a wallet or a purse, or it’s owner was otherwise identifiable, I’d do what I could to get it back to who it belongs to.

Are you ever morally obliged to take action? Under what circumstances?

Okay, what exactly is a “moral obligation.” I Googled it, and it is defined as “an obligation arising out of considerations of right and wrong.” With that in mind, if I see something I feel is wrong and there is an action I can take that would not put me or anyone I was with in harm’s way, I would take it. But if my attempt to personally or directly intervene would put me or whoever I was with in danger, I might just pick up my phone and call 9-1-1. What I would not do is ignore it.

How did last week go for you?

Well, I’m still getting up at the crack of dawn to walk our dog since my wife broke a bone in her foot. But, her foot is getting better, albeit slowly. Hopefully, by this time next month, she’ll be back on her feet and I will no longer be sleep deprived.

26 thoughts on “Share Your World — 08/01/2022

1. Marilyn Armstrong August 1, 2022 / 4:29 pm

I think Amazon and ExpressScript have spoiled us for “package deliveries.” So much of our life comes in packages these days. It’s hard to be surprised when another delivery of birdseed shows up.

2. Nope, Not Pam August 1, 2022 / 5:13 pm

I remember when there was a punch up at the end of our path. 3 on 1. I was the only one in the street who intervened. Even hubby wouldn’t get involved. Seriously they were hitting the dude with a large rock

• Nope, Not Pam August 1, 2022 / 8:49 pm

Given it was only the threat of cops which ended it, that is entirely questionable

3. Lauren August 1, 2022 / 9:30 pm

I know better to read other people’s answers before responding. I agree with your answers.

4. Geoff Stamper August 1, 2022 / 10:53 pm

The $2000 you found but I want you to keep half of it as a reward. Please send me the other half.

• Fandango August 1, 2022 / 11:18 pm

No problem, Geoff, the check is in the mail.

5. Sadje August 2, 2022 / 1:04 am

I hope your wife gets fit and fine within the stipulated time.

• Sadje August 2, 2022 / 6:53 am

The first 6 week are almost over but the surgeon is on a week’s leave and that has added 4 more days to my not walking on my left foot. After this another 6 weeks in cast but I can walk on my foot. 🤞🏼

6. Melanie B Cee August 2, 2022 / 9:16 am

Thanks Fandango for Sharing Your World! I wondered and now you’ve answered the question of whether the two selves meld when one is wise enough (I ain’t sayin’ old. Old is a number only IMO). That’s reassuring because although the question was theoretical, I believe that a lot of folks do have a picture in their mind of the best they could be. The money is rubber banded and was found in a field that you were walking by with some paper trash (empty drink cups, napkins and a used fried chicken box). Nothing to identify a soul, although I did notice that Geoff has laid claim to it (well half of it). Very altruistic of you to share! Cats and cardboard boxes…I’d never considered it from that angle, but really good point. I hope your wife’s foot heals up nicely and you can catch the proper amount of ZZZZs going forward. Dogs have weird schedules and once they are used to doing something at a specified time, it’s hard to break them of the habit. So walking (while a pain) probably saves you from expensive carpet cleaning.. Have a great week!

7. leigha66 August 3, 2022 / 6:45 pm

Yeah, what’s inside matters. It is like the difference between a letter from a friend and the phone bill. These are good answers.