SoCS/3TC — Carried Away By the Music

When I hear a particular song from my past, I often feel as if I’ve been transported to a different place, a different time, maybe decades ago. As I listen to the familiar lyrics, hum along to the melody, and appreciate the voices singing in perfect harmony, the music will transport me, and I will find myself awash in memories, mostly pleasant, fond memories.

The music that I enjoy most is classic rock, and when the music hits my ears, I close my eyes and listen to the songs I grew up with, I just let the sounds wash over me, and I am a peace. In today’s crazy days, it’s very therapeutic to let the music carry me away to happy times.

Written for Linda G. Hill’s Stream of Consciousness Saturday prompt, where the words are “wash” and “awash.” Also for the Three Things Challenge prompt from Di over at Pensitivity101, where the three things are “song,” “melody,” and “harmony.”

20 thoughts on “SoCS/3TC — Carried Away By the Music

1. Nope, Not Pam July 30, 2022 / 3:49 am

Music is the soundtrack of our life 😊

2. Sadje July 30, 2022 / 5:31 am

I agree Fandango! Favorite songs have that effect

3. Lakshmi Bhat July 30, 2022 / 8:30 am

Yes, I too feel the same when I listen to Hindi and Kannada film songs of the 60s and 70s. Music, classical or light music take us to a different world. Well written.

4. Carol anne July 30, 2022 / 8:45 am

I agree, music transports me to another word too! xo

5. Marilyn Armstrong July 30, 2022 / 9:57 am

Me too, but also add a lot of classical music and Beethoven symphonies because, y’know, music major so I spent years wrapped in piano music and for some reason, Beethoven’s 6th symphony (Pastorale) is my favorite earworm. Otherwise? Anything by Credence, almost anything by most of the folk gang of those years and a good deal of country as well as rock. Beatles. Doors. And anything from the group of Sir Michael Philip Jagger, a founding members of the Rolling Stones.

• Fandango July 30, 2022 / 4:21 pm

I agree with you on everything except country. I have never been into C&W.

6. Nancy Richy July 31, 2022 / 5:31 am

Totally! For me the song that brings back the most vivid memories is “A White Shade of Pale”. That’s a story for another time, perhaps after a few drinks.

Comments are closed.