Di (aka Pensitivity101) and Melanie (Sparks From a Combustible Mind) alternate as hosts for Fibbing Friday, a silly little exercise where we are to write a post with our answers to the ten questions below. But as the title suggests, truth is not an option. The idea is to fib a little, a lot, tell whoppers, be inventive, silly, or even outrageous, in our responses. This week is Di’s turn and she is all about ducks.
1. What do Donald and Daffy have in common? Both of their names start with the letter D.
2. Drake is to Hen as Cob is to… Corn
3. How many eggs can a peacock lay? Depends upon whether she wants them scrambled or fried.
4. If you’re out for a duck, what’s happened? You’re likely to get hit in the head with a golf ball.
5. What is the collective noun for a group of ducks? A quacker.
6. What is the fastest duck (can reach speeds of up to 80mph apparently)? Mario “The Duck” Andretti.
7. Why do ducks drink water through a tube in their bill? So they don’t get lockjaw from drinking polluted water.
8. What is the largest breed of duck? The Duckasaurus.
9. Why do ducks have three eyelids? To keep the water out of their eyes when they dunk their heads to fish.
10. Why do we say ‘like a duck out of water?’ It’s a phrase used to describe what happens when the tube in a duck’s bill it uses to drink water gets clogged.