Share Your World — 06/18/2022

Melanie is back with another edition of Share Your World.

In one sentence, how would you sum up the internet?

Two sides of the same coin, with one side representing good, the other representing evil.

Is true beauty subjective or objective?

Subjective. As in one person’s junk is another’s treasure or one person’s floor is another’s ceiling.

How many chickens would it take to kill an elephant?

That depends upon whether they’re caged or are free-range. And whether or not the elephant was on the other side of the road when the chickens crossed it.

If your five-year-old self suddenly found themselves inhabiting your current body, what would your five-year-old self do first?

Start crying and wondering why me?

What’s an aspect of your personality that you’re grateful for?

My sense of humor. I laugh a lot. Well, I used to before Trump, COVID, the Supreme Court became part of the far-right wing of the Republican Party, and my country started turning into the Republic of Gilead from “The Handmaid’s Tail.” Now my sense of humor is being sorely tested.

25 thoughts on “Share Your World — 06/18/2022

1. Carol anne July 18, 2022 / 1:03 pm

I think all of our sense of humour is being tested! I know mine definitely is! ❤

2. Nope, Not Pam July 18, 2022 / 1:03 pm

I’m not sure why your five year old self would be crying 🙁

• Fandango July 18, 2022 / 2:12 pm

Cause he’d look at the body he’d be in when he opened his eyes and he’d be shocked!

3. Marilyn Armstrong July 18, 2022 / 2:42 pm

Does EVERY American feel the need to insert chickens crossing the road? Have you ever tried to explain this to someone who isn’t American and realized, you can’t explain it? It is totally American and no one else finds it funny.

It’s hard finding anything funny these days. Even things that are funny are somehow flat. We’ve really had our world turned inside out and while we are coping, we aren’t coping well.

• Marleen July 18, 2022 / 3:35 pm

It wasn’t until I heard a “joke” (at first laughable and, likely, sometimes too painful to laugh even if the way I took it was all I ever thought of) about a narcissistic parent crossing the road that the meaning finally dawned on me… after a couple hours passed. So, now it’s not funny anymore on any kind of day — just as before it had struck me funny in that one moment. I had always thought there wasn’t actually any meaning. The total lack of meaning is what had made the specialized context funny. Why I’d the narcissistic parent cross the road? Narcissistic parents do inconveniencing to irritating to horrible things for no discernible reason. I’ll tell you the punchline if you want to know. But when what I think (not a hundred percent sure) is the often-undiscerned time-enduring reason for the joke dawned on me, I couldn’t laugh any more.

• Marleen July 18, 2022 / 6:44 pm

Why did the …
        NOT Why I’d the …

• Fandango July 18, 2022 / 4:40 pm

I agree. My sense of humor has suffered because there’s nothing humorous happening anymore.

• Marleen July 18, 2022 / 6:53 pm

I liked your answer;
        took it as signage of chaos,
        kinda back to no rhyme-r-reason.

• Marleen July 19, 2022 / 10:51 am

But then there’s this… we have or are a bunch of chicken in our politics, afraid to cross or cross over the status quo and state of manners to really take on what the Republican Party has become (or always was but with a better facade). Many people have probably even threatened, literally, not to do so. Many have been bribed. Are there any who remain free? Some still look at the perks they might aspire to grab. Are there enough individuals who care what we thought we were? Who would be better to do it? Other Republicans? Or Democrats? Both and beyond together?

• Marleen July 20, 2022 / 9:42 am

Or maybe Joe Manchin is the elephant?

4. Lauren July 18, 2022 / 3:19 pm

Great answers Fandango. I laughed out loud at your elephant and chicken answer. I also felt the need for deep sighs at the very truthful last answer.

5. JT Twissel July 18, 2022 / 3:38 pm

I suspect if an elephant was attacked by dozens of chickens he’d laugh himself to death.

6. Sadje July 18, 2022 / 6:08 pm

I like your chicken 🐓 / elephant 🐘 answer the best.

7. Melanie B Cee July 19, 2022 / 9:30 am

Thank you Fandango for Sharing Your World. Everyone’s patience and sense of humor is being tried right now. At least you held onto yours until recently, and that’s impressive. The elephant was on the other side of the road…hmmm. Blatant trespass, those chickens (more likely roosters apparently) were entitled, but it didn’t harm their succulence when roasted. Marilyn wrote a magnificent post and explained why “the chicken crossed the road” isn’t Universally (globally) funny. It’s an American thang… I hope you’re staying as cool as possible during this season, it’s too hot to get bothered. 😉 Have a great week!

8. leigha66 July 22, 2022 / 12:04 pm

Good answers. We could stand a good dose of someone like Robin Williams to return to the scene to renew our laughter.