Fandango’s Provocative Question #173

FPQ

Welcome once again to Fandango’s Provocative Question. Each week I will pose what I think is a provocative question for your consideration.

I was having a conversation with a friend who is beyond angry and frustrated with what is going on with (and is happening to) the United States. He said, “I am ready to leave this country, although I have no idea where I’d go.”

I empathize with him, not only with his anger and frustration, but with his indecision about where to go. And that got me thinking about this week’s provocative question.

If money were no object and you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to go and why?

If you choose to participate, write a post with your response to the question. Once you are done, tag your post with #FPQ and create a pingback to this post if you are on WordPress. Or you can simply include a link to your post in the comments. But remember to check to confirm that your pingback or your link shows up in the comments.

26 thoughts on “Fandango’s Provocative Question #173

1. donmatthewspoetry July 13, 2022 / 3:52 am

I’d like to live Downunder
    With the kangaroos
    And the hurlywurlys and
    Plenty Fosters booze

You do……

Do I?……

2. Mister Bump UK July 13, 2022 / 3:55 am

I’d have several homes, where I am now would be one. Maybe a place in NYC, on the park. I miss a lot out here in the country so being among people would be good sometimes. Everywhere else would be in Europe. South west France, maybe Paris etc.

3. pensitivity101 July 13, 2022 / 9:36 am

That’s just it, isn’t it. Where to go. We are sick of Rip Off Britain and the way things are going, but finances, as always, restrict us, and even if money was no object, where to go is a dilemma as the world is falling apart around us. Languages could be a problem and red tape an even bigger issue.
    The idea of buying an island is a dream, but then you have to consider supplies and deliveries. Hardly going to be a supermarket just for us.
    If we could though, NZ is a consideration, mainly to be closer to Bro. My other siblings wouldn’t miss me.

4. Pingback: Writer Ravenclaw
  5. JT Twissel July 13, 2022 / 2:04 pm

That is a difficult question to answer. Probably one of the islands off the coast of Seattle.

6. J-Dub July 13, 2022 / 5:35 pm

No need to even think about it. NYC in the heart of Manhattan. 💕💕💕💕💕

7. Marleen July 14, 2022 / 10:32 am

Marilyn has me thinking of New England. Like she, I would love Hawaii (if I could live at least very near the beach), I also love all four seasons.

8. leigha66 July 15, 2022 / 5:26 am

For the most part, I like where I am here in Iowa. There are four seasons and this is about the right mix of country and small city but with big city events near by. That being said… with the money I would buy out the neighbors and rebuild a new one story house on all the land.

9. Don July 17, 2022 / 2:47 pm

It would be difficult to say without knowing what I would want to do near my home. A big fancy apartment in a big exciting city? A rambling house of just the right size in some verdant countryside? Best to be somewhere familiar. That could mean San Francisco but it’s more a nice place to visit thing for me. One of its enormously wealthy suburbs? No, I hate wealthy people. Another country? How relaxing would that truly be? I know from experience that once enough time goes by I miss my home, not just my house but the surroundings and communities familiar to me.

I’ve been to and love New Zealand but to be honest not more than California. One thing to like about California is more and more people love to hate the place and a lot of them live here and are leaving. The more people leave CA and the less people move to CA the better.

Some large house in the Sierra Nevada foothills, below the pine trees but above the fog (or inversion layer as people like to say), maybe half an hour at most from a highway.

Now I could write a post! But I’ve run out of time.

• Fandango July 17, 2022 / 9:47 pm

Sorry, Don, but for some reason you attempts to leave a comment in answer to my provocative question all ended up in my spam folder. I don’t know why, though.

I agree with your comments about California. We’ve lived all over the country and, overall, I like California the best. As long as it doesn’t evolve into another Texas or Florida, which I hope is highly unlikely, California will probably be my home for the rest of my life.

Thanks for joining in. Again, sorry about having to fish your comment out of my spam folder.

10. Marleen July 18, 2022 / 1:55 pm

Sadly, much of continental Europe is now very much like California.

… on top of the hundreds of heat-related deaths reported in the Iberian peninsula, as high temperatures have gripped the continent in recent days and triggered wildfires from Portugal to the Balkans. Some areas, including northern Italy, are also experiencing extended droughts.

11. Marleen July 20, 2022 / 9:34 am

… Dome … Timebomb[?] [on idealistic island]

• Marleen July 20, 2022 / 9:52 am

I used to say what the guy says, at the beginning,
        that I wanted to live on an idyllic island… even in a hut.