Truthful Tuesday — Hot, Hot, Hot

Melanie, of Sparks from a Combustible Mind, is still filling in for Frank, aka PCGuy, who is taking a temporary hiatus from his Truthful Tuesday prompt. This week Melanie asks…

How do you like to keep cool when it’s broiling outside?

One of the reasons we chose to move to San Francisco about 15 years ago was its climate. It never gets too cold and it rarely gets too hot. We did have central heat, but we hardly ever turned it on. We didn’t have air conditioning because it just didn’t get hot enough during the summer to need it.

But two years ago, in order to be closer to our grandkids, we moved to the East Bay. What a difference moving 35 miles inland makes. It still doesn’t get that cold in the winter here, only occasionally dipping below freezing. But the summers here are hot, hot, hot. We often have 10 to 15 days here during the summer months when the temps get into the triple digits. But at least it’s a relatively dry heat most of the time.

Okay, with that background out of the way, let me answer Melanie’s question. I keep cool by staying inside in my air conditioned home. If, on those 90+ degree days, I need to venture out of the house, say to the grocery store, I will leave my air conditioned home, drive to the air conditioned grocery store in my air conditioned car, get whatever groceries I need, and drive back to my air conditioned home in my air conditioned car.

Do you get my drift, here?

9 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Hot, Hot, Hot

1. rugby843 July 5, 2022 / 10:03 am

That may work where you live but there were times in Houston where your car would never get cooled off by the time you got to a store.😀

Sent from my iPhone

2. Geoff Stamper July 5, 2022 / 11:35 am

In Seattle we have been complaining about the cold summer. What did people in hotter places do before AC?

• Melanie B Cee July 5, 2022 / 12:13 pm

Suffered. Big time. Got inventive with floor fans and big bowls of ice cubes set in front of the fan. Took off as much clothing as they could without getting arrested and lastly, the lucky ones had a swimming pool. Guess who was the most popular during the summer? 😉

3. Melanie B Cee July 5, 2022 / 12:15 pm

Lessee here…you cool off by staying in air conditioned places, right? I didn’t know the absolute delight of Central A/C until I lived here. It’s my favorite ‘toy’ now. Sympathies on your summers, I know allll about those kind of temps.

4. Nope, Not Pam July 5, 2022 / 1:18 pm

I like the heat and we only turn the a/c on when it tops 40C. I get cold otherwise … oh, and I have never used my car a/c.

• Fandango July 5, 2022 / 1:28 pm

Yikes! 40C is 104F! That’s crazy. I put my AC on if it’s over 80F (27C).

5. Carol anne August 26, 2022 / 6:21 am

Lol. Lucky you have air conditioning! Sounds like you need it where you are!

Comments are closed.