Share Your World — 07/04/22

Well, it’s Independence Day in America and there’s been yet another mass shooting, this time at a Fourth of July parade in a Chicago suburb. WTF, America?

Anyway, it is Monday and that means it’s Share Your World day. I was thinking about passing on the prompt today because I feel like my world is going to hell in a handbasket. But maybe Melanie’s SYW prompt will serve as a good diversion from all the shit that’s going on around us.

What do you think it means to be healthy?

Not ill or sick. Duh!

Is being obsessive about someone or something a good thing?

I would say being obsessive about someone or something is unhealthy.

After a disagreement with your S.O., do you initiate the makeup conversation or wait for your S.O. to do it?

My wife and I have never had a conversation about makeup. I don’t wear makeup and she doesn’t wear much makeup these days either. But if the question is about making up after having an argument, I’d venture that if I waited to initiate the “make up conversation,” it would never happen.

Have you ever done something incredibly embarrassing in front of a huge crowd? Feel free to share details or not. Some things are best left in the closet.

I was making a presentation in front of a large crowd at a business conference when I suddenly passed out and had to be rushed to the hospital. That was, indeed, embarrassing.

10 thoughts on “Share Your World — 07/04/22

1. JT Twissel July 4, 2022 / 4:24 pm

I don’t think you should feel embarrassed to faint! Unless your pants fell off or something to that effect.

• Fandango July 4, 2022 / 5:17 pm

Maybe embarrassed was not the right word. Mortified, perhaps.

2. Richmond Road July 4, 2022 / 4:35 pm

I’ve been to a few conferences in my life, and I’m frankly surprised that more people don’t collapse. It’s a perfectly natural reaction to a situation during which the brain is cut off from stimulus for several hours – it just shuts down. Nothing to be embarrassed about. If you had looked more closely you might have noticed that other attendees had gone to the trouble of gluing themselves to the chair to avoid a fall when succumbing to the inevitable unconsciousness.

• Fandango July 4, 2022 / 5:23 pm

Yeah, I guess it was a no-brainer, literally.

3. Carol anne July 4, 2022 / 6:02 pm

Oh dear! Passing out in front of a large crowd, that is definitely embarrassing!

4. Lauren July 4, 2022 / 9:16 pm

I’ve felt like I might faint in front of large crowds, but thankfully never did. I hope you were Ok.

• Fandango July 4, 2022 / 10:40 pm

I was fine but for about a year after that, every time I got up to speak in front of a group of people, everyone seemed worried. 😉

5. Gypsie-Ami Offenbacher-Ferris July 4, 2022 / 9:45 pm

You are exactly right about WTF America! The very officials that could have (should have) taken the first steps toward banning non-military possession assault weapons has failed the entire populace while continuing to support the capitalistic greed of the few as well as the radical, chest beating, heavy-browed or cowed populace afraid of a woman’s mind and womb. I’m terrified for any married couple who do not subscribe to the doctrine of make/female unions – I pray your marriages are not voted illegal or immoral next.

• Fandango July 4, 2022 / 10:42 pm

The inmates are running the asylum, I’m afraid. ☹️

6. Sadje July 4, 2022 / 9:48 pm

Passing out suddenly is something totally out of control Fandango, so nothing to be embarrassed about!

Comments are closed.