Share Your World — 06/20/22

Another Monday has rolled around and that means it’s time for another edition of Melanie’s Share Your World. Here goes.

What are three scents you like?

Coffee, bacon, freshly baked bread.

What is something true (factual) that most other people don’t believe?

I think a true fact is that most people can’t tell the difference between fact and fiction, nor truth and lies, especially when it comes to politics and religion.

Would you rather have a massage or get a facial?

A massage…with a happy ending! 😉

Have you ever thrown someone a really extravagant party?

My daughter’s wedding reception.

GRATITUDE SECTION

7 thoughts on “Share Your World — 06/20/22

1. Marleen June 20, 2022 / 11:22 am

I just enjoyed the new Father of the Bride (with Gloria Estefan) last night.

2. Nope, Not Pam June 20, 2022 / 1:04 pm

I don’t know if people dont know the difference between truth and fiction, or they choose not to recognise the difference 🙄

3. Melanie B Cee June 20, 2022 / 1:25 pm

Thanks for Sharing Your World, Fandango! All the scents you listed are among my favorites too. Who doesn’t like bacon (apologies to those who don’t eat pork). And freshly baked or baking bread just makes my mouth water. Yum! I’m with Nope Not Pam in her sentiment about the truth question. I think some can’t handle the bare faced truth and so they protect themselves with their version of whatever it is. I do that I know. It’s all good. Thanks for that GREAT meme. I love it! There’s a bit out of my particular religious texts that says (paraphrased) “Faith without works is dead.” One must ACT, not just talk about action or why bother? Great reminder! Have a wonderful week!

4. Marilyn Armstrong June 20, 2022 / 5:22 pm

I suppose our wedding reception could have — by our rather modest standards — be called “extravagant.” It was certainly expensive!

• Melanie B Cee June 21, 2022 / 1:15 pm

I tend to think that a wedding and the subsequent reception ought to be as fancy as the couple wants. I’d say you only get married once, but the irony of that caught me up first.. Most couples now will get divorced (statistically speaking). I’m glad I did it once and once only. Some lessons don’t need to be taught twice. And those lucky few (like the two of you) who are truly in love through all the mess a marriage is made up of, are the best example those young people could know, if they’d pay attention. It’s sticking it out and having grit to endure the times when you love your spouse, but you sure don’t like them very much.

5. Lauren June 20, 2022 / 7:51 pm

I enjoyed your answers and your meme was GREAT. (ala Tony the tiger)

Comments are closed.