Who Won The Week — 06/19/22

The idea behind Who Won the Week is to give you the opportunity to select who (or what) you think “won” this past week. Your selection can be anyone or anything — politicians, celebrities, athletes, authors, bloggers, your friends or family members, books, movies, TV shows, businesses, organizations, whatever.

This week I am awarding my Who Won the Week designation to the new NBA champs, the Golden State Warriors.

After falling behind 2-1 to the Boston Celtics in the NBA finals series, the Warriors rattled off three straight wins, including two on Boston’s home court, to win the 2022 NBA championship. Stephen Curry led the way once again, leading all scorers in five of the six games including 34 points in the clinching Game 6 win.

Before taking down the Celtics, the most recent of Golden State’s six titles came in 2018. The Warriors won back-to-back championships in 2017 and 2018, but while they returned to the finals in 2019, they lost in seven games to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. So congrats to the Boston Celtics for making it to the finals and to the Warriors for bringing the NBA trophy back to San Francisco.

As a special bonus this week, I’m also choosing the week’s biggest loser. And that would be Donald Trump, Jr. for this asinine tweet:

First of all, Junior, Biden fell because his foot got caught in the toe clip when he was getting off his bike. Second of all, he was fine and a few minutes later, he got back up on his bike and rode off. And finally, Junior, how do you think your old man would do if he tried to ride a bicycle. Now that would be truly laughable.

What about you? Who (or what) do you think won the week?

If you want to participate, write your own post designating who you think won the week and why you think they deserve your nod. Then link back to this post and tag you post with FWWTW.

15 thoughts on “Who Won The Week — 06/19/22

1. newepicauthor June 19, 2022 / 1:55 pm

Don Junior, biggest ass of the week. I think that someone from the Trump family could win this every week.

2. wrookieschu June 19, 2022 / 6:06 pm

Don Juniour 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

• Fandango June 19, 2022 / 10:41 pm

I used them in my younger biking days when I was really challenging myself, but not anymore now that I have an ebike.

3. Marleen June 19, 2022 / 7:25 pm

I’m sure my son in New Zealand is very happy about Golden State. I’ll be talking to him soon, and he’ll bring it up, no doubt.

4. Nope, Not Pam June 20, 2022 / 4:13 am

The bloggers of WP this week. I’m going through some bad stuff at the moment and everyone has been so supportive. So thank you to everyone for the words of support.

• Fandango June 20, 2022 / 6:49 am

He is definitely a loser born with a silver spoon in his stupid mouth.

5. Michael B. Fishman June 20, 2022 / 7:49 am

It takes a special person, like someone who likes to murder elephants for fun, to laugh at the misfortune of others. Perhaps if TFG, Jr. (or pretty much every Republican who took time from their busy schedules to mock the president) ever got onto a bike with a peddle cage he might understand how common falls that like are and offered a bit of concern for a fellow human being. Oh, wait, did I just fantasize about a Republican showing concern for someone else?! What’s wrong with me?

• Marleen June 20, 2022 / 11:11 am

I couldn’t find a gif from what I really wanted (in Blue Streak) — this one will do:

6. Hamna Mirza July 22, 2022 / 1:11 am

Stephen Curry Poses with Wife Ayesha and Daughters Riley and Ryan at 2022 ESPY Awards

Comments are closed.