One-Liner Wednesday — Believe It or Not

“Tell people there’s an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure.”

George Carlin, American stand-up comedian, actor, author, and social critic

Written for Linda G. Hill’s One-Liner Wednesday prompt.

14 thoughts on “One-Liner Wednesday — Believe It or Not

1. Marleen June 15, 2022 / 11:34 am

This one is really timely in another (comparable) way more important (and more obvious) than paint.

2. Lou Carreras June 15, 2022 / 1:43 pm

Luckily he left us with a huge body of still relevant material.
    Now I’m just waiting for someone to sanctify him, write up his teachings in a gospel and insist that he has ascended. Isn’t that what always happens to holy guys?

• Fandango June 15, 2022 / 1:52 pm

I like it. “The Gospel According to Carlin.”

3. Marleen June 26, 2022 / 1:32 am

At 4:44, the kind of thing I saw when I saw him live is shared.

Comedic Genius or Confused …

• Fandango June 26, 2022 / 6:27 am

I saw Carlin live about two months before he died and I thought he was fantastic.

• Marleen June 26, 2022 / 10:47 am

I remember you said that. I would’ve put this under the topic where we discussed it before, the fact I saw him late in his life, but the comments are closed (the time matter). I walked out. The main specifics I remember is that he was acting like preschool kids and people in old folk homes don’t matter. What this guy (psychologist in the video) says (that George had been talking like he wanting natural disaster, as an example, to take lives) is along the line of the way he was leaning.