Heat Advisory

My local forecast is calling for a heat advisory tomorrow, with extremely hot conditions and with daytime temperatures from the upper 90s to 105.

What can we do? The National Weather Service recommends that we drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.

Or we can sing and dance!

28 thoughts on “Heat Advisory

1. Marilyn Armstrong June 9, 2022 / 4:22 pm

BUT don’t turn your AC up too high or your electric bill will go sky high. You really can’t win, can you!

• Fandango June 9, 2022 / 5:23 pm

Just got a notification from PG&E, our power company, warning of possible power outages. 😠

2. J-Dub June 9, 2022 / 4:41 pm

It’s that hot here too. The 8th day in a row over 100. The tunes are cool though.

3. newepicauthor June 9, 2022 / 5:01 pm

I heard that it is going to be 114 in Phoenix. Nice music Fandango and try to stay cool.

4. amyspeaks June 9, 2022 / 8:55 pm

I join you in the triple digits this week. The pool is going to be my bestie for sure. Stay cool, my friend!

5. Ruth June 9, 2022 / 11:49 pm

I live in the North of Scotland, and yet again it is currently raining, although it should clear up later… our temperature range today is forecast between 53F and 64F, maybe pushing to a balmy 66… Glad I’m not in your heatwave, I’m not good with high temps 😦

• Fandango June 10, 2022 / 6:38 am

I am not good with high temps either, but such is summer where I live.

6. Nope, Not Pam June 10, 2022 / 3:49 am

34C? A heatwave? Your sure not in Australia. We had 10 consecutive days over 40C a couple of years ago

7. Marleen June 10, 2022 / 10:07 am

There’s some kind of Grand design to keep us using air conditioning. Besides the need for all the mechanical computing and data storage we do (which can’t function without cooling), my husband couldn’t stand to be warm when we were younger and I would’ve been happy to have the windows open and the “air “ off — even in the eighties or potentially the nineties Fahrenheit. He actually chose his profession for the fact working on computers would keep him in climate-controlled environments. Now that he’s older, he’s more comfortable in warmer temperatures; I, however, can hardly stand the lower eighties. Then, he wanted the thermostat at about seventy to seventy-two (and he traveled for work such trust I could have fresh air when he was gone); now, we have a compromise at about seventy-four to seventy-six (while he still wouldn’t be happy with all outside temps inside anyway). We have begun experimenting with turning the machinery off during peak hours. I’m not shocked at temperatures in the lower hundreds, this has always happened in summer throughout my life. But the drought conditions and the readings above a hundred and ten are very disconcerting.

8. Carol anne June 11, 2022 / 10:32 pm

It was 98 in fort collins, Colorado, yesterday! I’ve never in my life experienced such hot temps!

9. leigha66 June 19, 2022 / 6:45 pm

We have 90s coming with heat indexes in the triple digits. Spring just never lasts and Summer barges in too soon.

• Fandango June 19, 2022 / 10:46 pm

I just checked the 10-day forecast and it’s supposed to hit 102 here on Tuesday and be in the low to mid 90s most of the rest of the week. 🥵

• Fandango July 21, 2022 / 10:10 pm

Probably what you described as July heat. Average highs in the low to mid to high 90s with a 100+ degree day once or twice a week. It’s mostly a dry heat, but as you said, heat is heat!

Comments are closed.