Truthful Tuesday — Guns, Guns, and More Guns

Melanie, of Sparks from a Combustible Mind, is still filling in for Frank, aka PCGuy, who is taking a temporary hiatus from his Truthful Tuesday prompt. This week Melanie wants to know about a very hot topic.

Guns? Gun laws and how they could be improved. Pros and cons. A brief synopsis of why you feel as you do about them in which ever country you live.

I decided, rather than to repeat here in this post my thoughts about guns, gun laws, and how I feel about them, I’d just put in a link to a post, Second Amendment Thoughts Revisited, that I published this past Friday. Here’s the link to that post, and, for those of you who just want to know my bottom line on guns, below are the final two paragraphs from that post.

I believe any reasonably thinking human being, even those who support the right of citizens to keep and bear arms, can’t possibly justify the availability and use of such assault weapons by other than members of the military — the professional military.

We need to stop the insanity. Enough is enough. It’s time for Congress to put public health above special interests and politics. Otherwise I’m afraid for the future of our society.

15 thoughts on “Truthful Tuesday — Guns, Guns, and More Guns

• Fandango May 31, 2022 / 2:16 pm

Thanks for the link. I left a comment on your post.

1. Carol anne May 31, 2022 / 2:10 pm

Yes. I agree, guns should never be allowed to be sold or owned, not by every day citizens!

• Marleen June 11, 2022 / 9:31 pm

AOC Exposes the Corruption Behind
      Congress’ Inaction on Gun Control Legislation

2. donmatthewspoetry May 31, 2022 / 10:04 pm

Australia had a gun massacre 25 years ago.

Riding on a nation in shock tough gun laws were introduced

A buy-back gun amnesty saw 650,000 illegal guns handed in.

We have not has a massacre since

My thoughts? We are at the mercy of politicians who make the laws. We trust them to make them for the betterment of all. They don’t always do this.

I wonder because of repeated gun violence, Americans have become desensitized?

Australia didn’t have any previous history of gun violence, no chance of desensitization, and when it did happen , everyone one got behind the law-making government to ensure it never happened again

I’m glad I live here…….

3. JT Twissel June 1, 2022 / 2:36 pm

The kids who lived through the school shootings will soon be voters themselves – we can only hope the GOP doesn’t make it harder for them to vote.

• Fandango June 1, 2022 / 4:38 pm

The GOP is making it as hard as possible for all non-white, non-Republican voters to vote.

4. Marleen July 28, 2022 / 11:01 pm

Lhttps://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/beto-o-rourke-on-uvalde-city-council-calling-for-gov-abbott-to-take-action-on-guns-145025093762

Democratic candidate for Texas governor Beto O’Rourke joins MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell to discuss the increasing pressure the current governor, Republican Greg Abbott, is facing to call a special session of the state legislature to pass gun safety reforms. July 28, 2022

Comments are closed.