Share Your World — 05/30/2022

Melanie has given us another round of eclectic Share Your World questions to consider. So let’s consider her questions and craft our answers.

Has anyone ever tried to scam you?

I once get an email from some “girl” in Russia who wanted me to send her money so she could come to America. And I still get occasional emails from what appear to be legitimate companies telling me that I need to log in by clicking on a link provided in the email to update my personal information or to change my password. Fortunately, I have yet to fall for one.

What’s the best thing about parties?

When someone else is hosting them.

Do you listen to people’s advice if you didn’t ask for it?

I don’t listen to people’s advice even when I do ask for it!

Why is it impossible to spell funeral without fun?

For the same reason that if you drop the letter “f” in funeral and switch around the letters “e” and “r,” it spells “unreal.“

How was last week for you?

Not the best, not the worst.

14 thoughts on “Share Your World — 05/30/2022

1. Marilyn Armstrong May 30, 2022 / 11:32 am

How can you spell “Funeral” with having “fun” in it? Well, you could write it in Hebrew or Cyrillic or Chinese. THAT would take the fun out of it!

2. Nope, Not Pam May 30, 2022 / 1:06 pm

Our tax office calls regularly wanting their iTunes vouchers 🙄

• Marleen May 30, 2022 / 2:04 pm

Indeed 🙄

3. Marleen May 30, 2022 / 2:25 pm

Just today, as a few of my sons and I were going to a movie, I don’t remember how it came up but I was told (by a couple of them as if they know) I was scammed when I helped Ukrainians and Ethiopians get to Israel. I really don’t think I was (the sons are a bit cynical as I have become as well). I did wonder about a different place, a Christian missionary thing (for Kenya) though, whereby I had a pen pal adopted girl I supported. Suddenly, the org said they were leaving that girl’s community so the people there wouldn’t be dependent. All communication would stop, but I could “adopt” a different child elsewhere. I thought it was odd and terminated donating. All of these are big name operations, so I wasn’t being stupid. However, as I look back, I was solicited for a donation to something I don’t remember on the phone back around the year 2000. I said yes, but someone called me within a week to complain that I hadn’t sent the money yet. I told them to leave me the heck alone and not call me, nor to expect anything from me now. That might have been a scam. From then on, I didn’t respond to pleas on the phone. I’ve never ever responded to pleas through texting or emails or any of that. I’ve decided, too, that at my age it’s important to hold onto my money for me and for my own family.

I enjoyed your answers, Fandango.

4. Marleen May 30, 2022 / 2:47 pm

By the way, I know someone (with a masters degree and still working at high capacity) who got scammed on Amazon [yes, that Amazon, the wild internet]. I don’t know why he fell for the scheme, but Amazon gave him his money back.

5. Marleen May 30, 2022 / 3:02 pm

Now that I’m thinking about it, the one time I know I was scammed is when I changed phone companies due to a sales pitch on the phone in around 2005. This was a big name phone company, I won’t say who. So I was pretty pissed.

• Marleen May 30, 2022 / 3:04 pm

Home phone. But their name is in cell, too.

6. leigha66 June 10, 2022 / 7:37 pm

There are so many scams and new ones coming out all the time.

Comments are closed.